35+ Heart Healthy Casserole Recipes
This collection of healthy casserole recipes is the perfect place to start your weekly meal prep.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This list of all-new healthy casserole recipes from FaveHealthyRecipes.com is a great way to maintain your body and keep the old ticker going for many years to come. From healthy chicken casserole recipes and ground beef casserole recipes, to breakfast, vegetarian, and cheap casseroles, this list is committed to keeping your heart healthy through thick and thin. We know how difficult it can be to stay healthy, which is why we have made it as easy as possible for you to maintain your heart-healthy diet. After all, you don't want to resort to ordering take out if you're watching what you eat. Having dinner ready to go is an easy way to stay on track with your goal for better health.
This collection of 35+ Heart Healthy Casserole Recipes will make cooking easier for you and your family. Make one on Sunday and eat it for dinner the rest of the week! It's super easy to make a big batch of a casserole over the weekend and then eat the leftovers for the rest of the week. It's a great way to save time and you'll love having a home-cooked meal every night of the week. Dinnertime will be a little less stressed when you keep these easy casserole recipes right at your fingertips. Consider making a second batch of these recipes to freeze for dinner down the road, or to share with others, too!
Table of Contents
For more easy and delicious casserole recipes, download our free eCookbook: 18 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
Easy Cheap Casserole Dishes
Short on cash? No problem! These inexpensive casseroles are easy to make for any night of the week, and they will keep so that you can enjoy the leftovers again and again. These easy healthy casserole recipes are great when you’re cooking for a large crowd because you can usually find all of the ingredients in the dollar store. You'll love having these budget-friendly recipes right at your fingertips. Whether you're in a pinch or just need to save some money, these recipes are to the rescue!
- Chicken Penne Casserole with Corn and Zucchini RecipeIf you're looking for an easy casserole to try, this is the one! You'll love the use of vegetables in this recipe.
- Hobo Hubby CasseroleHubba hubba! Inexpensive casseroles like this are no problem, even for folks who aren’t great at cooking. This easy meal is great for those hectic weeknights.
- Dollar Store Cowboy CasseroleEat like you’re living on the open range by making a quick and cheap casserole recipe like this one. When serving, keep a bottle of hot sauce on the side so you can add even more heat.
- Extra-Cheesy Tuna CasseroleThis recipe is a delightful take on the classic casserole. Cheesy, easy to make, and inexpensive, this is a favorite dinner idea for a reason!
- Healthy Turkey Pot PieYou can fill up on a hearty and delicious casserole without breaking the bank. This recipe for turkey pot pie will make a satisfying dinner that everyone will love.
- Italian Tuna CasseroleThis tuna casserole recipe is molto bella! You really can't go wrong with this twist on the classic casserole.
- Dollar Store CasseroleGet more bang for your buck with easy cheap casserole dishes like this dollar store casserole. You can also stick to your budget in style with this recipe.
Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipes
These healthy chicken casserole recipes are both delicious and nutritious. With low-fat chicken casserole recipes, you can make a warm and phenomenal dinner for your whole family in no time, and you won’t have to worry about excessive calories or heart trouble. Try a recipe for chicken and rice casserole or a delightfully cheesy casserole recipe! You'll be amazed with how easy it is to make these delicious recipes. You can even make some of them in advance for those busy days on your calendar. Instead of ordering delivery, you can simply heat a premade casserole.
- Dump-and-Go Healthy Chicken Enchilada CasseroleHealthy chicken casserole recipes couldn’t be easier than this! You'll love having this recipe on standby.
- Chicken and Wild Rice CasseroleBe careful! Your family might just go wild for chicken and wild rice casserole. This classic recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- 4-Ingredient Healthy Chicken Quesadilla CasseroleIt's a quesadilla in a casserole pan! This delightful and delightfully easy chicken casserole recipe is the perfect answer to the age-old question of "What's for dinner tonight?"
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken CasseroleArtichokes and spinach are excellent for your heart, so try making healthy chicken casserole recipes like this one! You'll also love shaking things up with this casserole recipe.
- Crustless Chicken Pot PieIt's a chicken pot pie...without the crust! This comfort dish recipe is just what you need on a cold winter's night.
- Low-Carb Mexican Chicken CasseroleThis low-carb recipe is so easy to make and will be just what you need on a busy night. Consider serving this chicken casserole with a fresh green salad, and you're set!
- Dump and Bake Chicken Rice CasseroleThis delicious casserole recipe has a crumb topping that everyone is sure to love. True to its name, this (almost) effortless chicken casserole is easy to make.
Guilt-Free Beef Casserole Recipes
From hamburger casserole recipes to more traditional beef casserole recipes, these casserole recipes are healthy and are unrivaled in terms of flavor. Try making one of these heart healthy casserole recipes today. They will fill you up and quell even the largest of appetites. The next time your grocery store has a big sale, make sure to stock up so you can get cooking with these ground beef casserole recipes. These easy-to-make recipes are just what every home cook needs at their fingertips.
- Ship Wreck CasseroleIf you're looking for an easy ground beef casserole recipe, then this is it. And admit it, aren't you just a little bit intrigued by the name?
- Mom's Taco Casserole RecipeMake it easy to serve tacos when you make this casserole recipe. This dish is full of flavor and will be anything but dull!
- Grandma's One Pan Hamburger HelperMake that pound of ground beef stretch a little bit more when you make this one-pan meal. You'll also love that cleanup is a breeze when you cook with this recipe.
- Healthy Quinoa Make Ahead CasseroleBeef and quinoa combine to create this delicious and filling casserole recipe. You'll love having this casserole in the refrigerator and ready for dinner!
- Becky's No Pasta LasagnaA lasagna recipe without pasta?!? If you're looking for a new way to serve up lasagna, then you'll want to see this recipe.
- Ground Beef Chuckwagon MacRound up your family when you serve this casserole! Easy to make and delicious, too, this recipe will become part of your meal plans.
- 5-Ingredient Amish-Style Ground Beef CasseroleGround beef casserole recipes like this are already easy, but add wholesome Amish-style goodness and you will feel satisfied all day.
Heart-Friendly Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Wake up right with these delightful healthy breakfast casserole recipes. Try a few options on the same morning to add some variety, or make them ahead of time for the perfect easy preparation. You and your family will definitely rise and shine with these recipes on the breakfast menu. You can even make some of these casseroles in advance. Just place the casseroles in the oven when it's close to breakfast time, and you'll be ready to eat in almost no time!
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice CrustPut your best foot forward after eating this delightful quiche recipe! You can easily serve this dish for brunch with friends, too.
- Snickerdoodle Baked French Toast CasseroleIt's OK to add some sugar and sweetness to your breakfast routine. That's why you'll want to see this delightful recipe for baked French toast! How easy is that?
- Crustless Cheesy Zucchini PieWhen it's your turn to host brunch, then this is the recipe for you! You and your guests will love this savory addition to the breakfast table.
- Miss Bessie's Breakfast BakeMake this once on Sunday night and eat it for breakfast all week! You won't get over how easy this dish is to make.
- Zucchini and Parmesan Baked OmeletMake your next brunch so much healthier when you include this recipe on the menu! This recipe is hearty and filling, too.
Vegetarian Casserole Recipes
These vegetarian casserole recipes may take meat out of the equation, but they are certainly not short of flavor. The variety of these vegetable casserole recipes will please and satisfy you and your family. Serve these as a side dish, or make them the main course! Even vegetable casserole recipes like these are high in protein and fiber for a wholesome meal. Whether you're a dedicated meat-eater or a life-long vegetarian, you'll find these easy vegetarian recipes are easy to make and filling, too.
- Greek Spinach Quinoa CasseroleQuinoa is a protein-packed vegetarian staple that is wonderfully delicious. You'll love this new take on the traditional casserole recipe.
- Kevin's Sweet Potato CasseroleSweet potato casserole is an American classic. If you haven't baked with sweet potatoes, then you need to give this casserole a look!
- Not-Your-Mama's Eggplant ParmesanThis might not be your traditional recipe...it might be better! This is a recipe you'll want to make again and again.
- Zesty Southwestern CasseroleIf you're looking for something spicy and delicious, try this casserole! Add some serious flavor to the dinner table when you make this casserole.
- Spiced Cauliflower CheeseCauliflower might sound bland and boring, but this casserole will have you thinking otherwise. This casserole can also be served as a side dish to a larger meal.
- Cajun Cornbread CasseroleCajun dishes are great around Mardi Gras or just to spice up your life.
- No Bake Sweet Potato CasseroleYour heart will just love this sweet and simple sweet potato casserole.
- Vegetable Crumble CasseroleThis recipe is so easy to make, and is filling and hearty to boot, too. You'll love the complex flavor profile in vegetarian casserole recipe!
- Wholesome Baked Zucchini ParmesanMake dinnertime an event when you bring this vegetarian dish to the table! Kids of all ages will love eating this delicious recipe.
- Quick and Easy Vegetable LasagnaIf you always thought that vegetarian recipes wouldn't fill you up, then you need to try this lasagna recipe. The easy-to-make dinner dish can be served any night of the week.
BONUS Healthy Casserole Recipe: Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole
Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole: There are some really great casserole recipes in this collection. But none are better than this healthy tuna casserole. It's super easy to make so it's perfect for those busy weeknights. Even if you aren't cooking for multiple people, you can make this casserole ahead of the week and eat the leftovers for lunch! This recipe is also economical, so you can get a hearty and healthy dinner on the table without breaking the bank.
How Can You Make Any Casserole Recipe Healthier?
It doesn't require much work or effort to make healthy casserole recipes even healthier for you! These tips and tricks will help you make any of your favorite casseroles a little bit lighter and a whole lot healthier.
*Choose lean cuts of meat for your casserole dishes so that you can cut fat from the meal. When cooking chicken, beef, or other types of meat, make sure to drain and discard the excess fat.
*Use whole wheat pasta when making any pasta-based casseroles. This type of pasta will also help you feel more full, too.
*If you'd rather omit pasta entirely from a casserole, then consider making noodles! These are noodles made from zucchini, and they will be a great way to add a pasta-like base to your favorite casseroles.
*Add your favorite vegetables to the mix. Whether you are in the mood for spinach or just want some extra peas and carrots added to the meal, including a few of your favorite vegetables will add more nutrients to your casserole.
For more heart healthy recipes, check out our 7 Day Meal Plan for a Low Calorie Diet
What is your favorite heart healthy casserole recipe?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Healthy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Casserole
Spaghetti Squash Bake
30-Minute Spinach Egg Casserole
5-Ingredient Amish-Style Ground Beef Casserole
Feel Good Zucchini Casserole
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Hungry Lady Casserole
Cracker Barrel Copycat Hash Brown Casserole
Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Chicken Penne Casserole with Corn and Zucchini Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sweet and Sour Papaya Dip
- Healthy Mini Pepper Low Carb Nacho
- Curried Red Pepper and Pickled Cauliflower
- Red Lentil Potato Soup
- Tamarind Pulp
- Curry Fried Quinoa with Mussels
- Soursop Juice
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Vegan Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Carrot-Shaped Veggie Pizza Bars
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook