Healthy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Casserole is super easy to make, really filling, and has great nutritional value. Plus, it easily can become a soup the next day and last even longer."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Cooking Vessel Size8 x 9 Baking Dish
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, red quinoa
- 1 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can, fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place a skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the meat to the baking dish, leaving the browned bits and grease in the pan.
If needed, add a little olive oil to the skillet. Then, add the onions and peppers. Cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the peppers and onions in the baking dish with the meat. Then, add the quinoa and tomatoes, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with both cheeses, and bake for 20 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve with a fresh salad.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Turkey, Tomato and Zucchini Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Country Captain Chicken
- 18 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 5-Ingredient Amish-Style Ground Beef Casserole
- Feel Good Zucchini Casserole
- Stupid Casserole
- 35+ Heart Healthy Casserole Recipes
- Hungry Lady Casserole
- Hobo Hubby Casserole
- Cracker Barrel Copycat Hash Brown Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Healthy “sloppy” Joe Pita With Coleslaw
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken Tostadas
- Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Easy Butternut Squash Curry
- Healthy Homemade Snickers (Chocolate Stuffed Dates)
- Savory Oatmeal With Vegetables (vegan)
- Addictive Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Lemon Rice Recipe With Brown Rice
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook