Healthy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Casserole is super easy to make, really filling, and has great nutritional value. Plus, it easily can become a soup the next day and last even longer."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Cooking Vessel Size8 x 9 Baking Dish
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, red quinoa
- 1 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can, fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place a skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the meat to the baking dish, leaving the browned bits and grease in the pan.
If needed, add a little olive oil to the skillet. Then, add the onions and peppers. Cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the peppers and onions in the baking dish with the meat. Then, add the quinoa and tomatoes, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with both cheeses, and bake for 20 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve with a fresh salad.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Balsamic Spinach Strawberry Feta Salad
- Thai Egg Salad | Yum Kai Tom
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Cold Yogurt Soup
- Texas Caviar
- Chinese Szechuan Dry Fried Green Beans
- Baked Frittata with Ham, Swiss, Spinach, and Mushrooms
- Moringa Pod Curry
- Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Thai Holy Basil Chicken | Pad Kraprao Gai
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook