24 Meatless Monday Recipes
You won't miss a morsel of meat with these easy Meatless Monday recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're a bona fide vegetarian or just need to be eating less meat, this collection of 24 Meatless Monday Recipes has you covered! With everything from reinvented meatless recipes to breakfast-for-dinner, you can have a different Meatless Monday meal each week for the next four months! And when we say "Meatless meals," we mean meals. No wimpy salads or sad cheese sandwiches here. With this selection of recipes, you'll realize that vegetarian meals are just as hearty as those with chicken, pork, or beef.
Meatless dishes can be just as filling and delicious as dishes that have meat. With hearty stews and casseroles (and not a salad in sight), these Meatless Monday dishes are bound to become some of your favorites. You don't need meat to have protein in your favorite easy dinner recipes, either! Many of these recipes are still chock-full of great ingredients and will leave you feeling filled. These recipes will leave you full and you won't miss meat at all, we promise! This collection of 24 Meatless Monday Recipes is just what you need to start your week off on the right foot. In addition to being delicious and healthy, many of these recipes are budget-friendly, too.
Table of Contents
We didn't include any salad recipes in this list (on purpose), but if you're looking for some, you'll want to download our free eCookbook: 12 Simple Salad Recipes
Meatless Monday: Tips on Adding Vegetarian Recipes to Your Diet
Shaking up your meal routines to include vegetarian options doesn't have to be a difficult task. If you'd like to incorporate Meatless Mondays into your family's healthy meal planning, then you'll want to keep the following tips in mind. By making a few adjustments, you can ease into the Meatless Monday meal planning.
1. If you have children, then the website PBS Parents suggests consider easing into the meal plan by including food that your kids already like. If your child loves a certain vegetable, then consider planning a meal around it. If your child loves peppers, then a quesadilla filled with roasted peppers just might be a hit with her!
2. Another suggestion is to empower your family members in this decision by allowing them to select meatless ingredients and recipes they want to try. Your family members may be more receptive to the change if they feel they have a say in meal-planning. When introducing a new recipe, encourage everyone to take at least one bite. They just might end up loving the new recipe!
3. Consider planning your next Meatless Monday dinner around a theme or type of cuisine. If everyone in your home loves chili or soup, then simply offer vegetarian options of that favorite cuisine. Your family will love trying a new variation of beloved favorites, too.
4. Plan a family outing to your local farmers market to introduce your family to the produce that's local and currently in season. You'll be inspired to try vegetarian recipes using produce that's new to you. For example, this recipe for Heirloom Tomato Tart shows off the bright and vibrant colors — not to mention the incredible taste — of heirloom tomatoes.
5. If you do plan to adopt a completely vegetarian lifestyle going forward, then talk to your family doctor in advance. In addition, your doctor can give you information and resources regarding the vegetarian diet.
What is Meatless Monday, anyway? After reading through this list of recipes, you might be curious regarding the background of this initiative to eat meat-free meals one day per week. According to the organization The Monday Campaigns, the program is a way to encourage people to reduce their meat consumption. The movement is followed all over the world and encourages people to incorporate vegetarian options in their meal planning.
Simple Meatless Monday Recipes
Generally, meatless dishes don't conjure up the best images of filling and hearty meals. These hearty meatless dishes, however, are just that. With protein from eggs and beans, these recipes are the perfect meatless meal for big appetites. If you're a dedicated carnivore, then these Meatless Monday recipes for meat-lovers will be just what you need to ease into vegetarian options. Hearty and full of flavor, these recipes are simple to make, too. In addition, some of these recipes use ingredients you likely already have on hand, so you may not need to make a special trip to the grocery store.
You will love getting a fresh and healthy start to the week when you make these quick and easy vegetarian recipes. The no-frills approach is sure to win over everyone in your family!
Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes for Dinner
Eggs are filled with protein, so these recipes are all substantial meals. Plus, what's more fun than breakfast for dinner? Since they're designed for mornings, these recipes are also super quick to make.
Here's a time-saving tip: consider making a double batch of your favorite vegetarian breakfast recipes, then simply reheat the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. You'll love that breakfast will be ready to go in almost no time at all. Shift your cooking and baking to individual servings by baking quiche in cupcake wrappers. The smaller sizes will also make it easier to serve.
Meatless Pasta Dishes: Quick and Easy Recipe Ideas
Pasta is definitely a go-to meatless dish, and it's no surprise why. Pasta is a filling meal by itself which is why it's a perfect Meatless Monday meal! From Asian-inspired dishes to veggie versions of Italian favorites, these meatless pasta dishes are filling and delicious. After a long day of work and running errands, you'll love how easy it is to get a hearty meal on the table with hardly any fuss.
Some of these recipes can be made in advance, saving you some time in the long run. All you need to do is serve these recipes with a fresh green salad or your favorite steamed vegetable.
Are you looking for more vegetarian ideas? This collection of recipes won't break the bank! Take a look at 30+ Cheap Vegetarian Meals
Vegetable-Based Dishes for Hearty Dinner Options
Of course, we couldn't not include some vegetable-based dishes in a Meatless Monday list! These vegetable-based dishes are full of flavor and are crazy delicious. You definitely won't miss having meat once you try these vegetable recipes. Whether you're a fan of tomatoes, cauliflower, squash, or other types of vegetables, you'll love making this fresh produce the star of your meal planning!
In addition, cooking with fresh vegetables can be an inexpensive way to incorporate many nutrients and minerals in your diet. For example, cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C and will make a tasty addition to almost any meal. Spaghetti squash is a low-carb alternative to using pasta in your favorite recipes, and will leave you feeling full, too.
To learn how to cook and prepare even more vegetables for Meatless Monday dinners, check out this how-to guide: Cooking Vegetables: The Best Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Meatless Mondays on a Budget
Cutting meat from your diet can also help you save some money. If you're looking for ways to add some delicious and healthy meat-free recipes to your meal planning without breaking the budget, then keep reading. This selection of recipes for Meatless Mondays includes dishes that are hearty, filling, and affordable. Although they may be inexpensive, these budget-friendly vegetarian recipes will be the perfect addition to your next potluck with friends or family get-together.
If you thought vegetarian options would be expensive and difficult to make to boot, you'll think again when you see these recipes. You'll even discover a few vegan options, too. These recipes are perfect for lunch or dinner, and can be made with minimal fuss. Instead of ordering delivery, save a bit of cash and make these tasty recipes at home.
Tip: Save a little bit of money by using shelf-stable pantry products. For example, using dried beans that have been soaked in water overnight can be cheaper than using canned beans.
What is your favorite recipe for Meatless Monday?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Easy Thai-Style Omelet
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Dump-and-Bake Pesto Chicken
- Epare Vegetable Spiralizer
- Lebanese Cauliflower Stew
- Healthy Trail Mix Recipe
- Thai Shrimp and Glass Noodles | Goong Ob Woonsen
- Instant Pot Coconut Sticky Rice
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook