10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
Plan a healthy and romantic evening with your sweetheart with these easy low-fat recipes.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether for a romantic evening in or for a budget-conscious small family, recipes for dinner for two are just the thing for those of us that don't have families to feed. Instead of eating leftovers all week, make some low fat recipes for two. Healthy cooking recipes for two people are just the thing, whether you're watching portion sizes or just don't have many mouths to feed. To help you get the most out of small-scale cooking, we here at FaveHealthyRecipes have compiled our 10 favorite low fat recipes for two, plus some great tips to get the most out of your recipes.
It can be so easy to overeat or make too much food. If you're not going to eat a lot of leftovers, then don't waste your ingredients by blowing your portion sizes out of proportion. These healthy recipes for two are the answer for you and your healthy diet.
Low Fat Recipes for Two
- The Best Slow Cooker ChiliThis recipe for The Best Slow Cooker Chili takes just five minutes of active prep time.
- Roasted Veggie Breakfast BowlIf you like spicy food, this breakfast bowl is definitely the meal for you.
- Easy Tuna Pasta SaladMost creamy pasta salads are made with mayonnaise, but for a lighter version, this one is made with Greek yogurt.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Spaghetti RecipeThis chicken spaghetti recipe is going to be your go-to dinner to make on your busiest weeks.
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa BakeWith less than 400 calories a serving, this is a guilt-free way to enjoy chicken parmesan.
- One Pan Mediterranean ChickenThis one pan meal is paleo-friendly, all-natural, and low-fat.
- Olive Garden Has Nothing on This Minestrone SoupEasily frozen and perfect for the winter, this will become your new go-to soup recipe.
- Broccoli and Zucchini Noodle CasserolePut down that box of mac and cheese because this recipe is just as simple to make but it's so much better for you.
- One-Pan Penne with BroccoliThis healthy pasta recipe takes only twenty minutes to make, and, as the name suggests, this recipe requires just one pan.
- Sinless Pizza Pasta CasseroleThis healthy dinner recipe is hearty, juicy, and cheesy because of its delightful combination of pepperoni slices, rotini pasta, ground beef, and light spaghetti sauce.
Tips for Cooking Recipes for Two People
Know Your Storage Options: If you can, freeze leftovers. For example, make a big lasagna or casserole, bake one half and freeze the uncooked half for later. Soups also freeze well. Just make sure you label everything in the freezer. Get ingredients that you know can be stored for later. Store dry pasta, rice and other pantry staples in resealable containers.
Mix Up Leftovers: Leftovers can be used as one of the ingredients on a whole new dish. Use last night's rice for today's fried rice, or combine leftover chicken with tomato sauce for an easy pasta dish. Don't be afraid to experiment with your leftovers.
Always Think Small: Don't buy more than you need just because it might be cheaper. Only buy as much produce as you need. You can get small portions of fresh vegetables from a salad bar. Order meat and fish directly to make sure you get only exactly what you need. Cut your favorite recipes in half for smaller portions and to use fewer ingredients.
Looking for more low fat recipes? Check out our 7 Day Meal Plan for a Low Fat Diet
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 24 Simple Healthy Recipes for Your Family
- The 7 Day Metabolism Diet
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
- Stealth Health: 17 Recipes That Make Cooking Light Easy
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- Cooking Cowboy Food: 25 Western Recipes Made Healthier
- 13 Make Ahead Dishes for Any Meal
- Bake a Perfect Pie for Thanksgiving- 38 Recipes to Try
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Mangalore Fish Curry With Coconut Milk
- Air Fryer Tacos
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- How To Cook A Turkey
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Simple Red Cabbage Soup
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- The Ultimate Easy Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook