Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn't Have To) Guidebook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Reviewed by the Editors of FaveHealthyRecipes.com
With so many magazines, fitness experts, and yes, even your “running friends,” talking about how exhilarating and rejuvenating their latest workout was, those of us who’d rather be sitting on the couch having a movie marathon are left feeling lazy and bad about ourselves. You end up pretending to enjoy your early morning jog when really, all you want to do is curl back up into bed.
Sound familiar? Chuck Runyon, CEO and co-founder of Anytime Fitness, could not agree with you more. He, along with fellow workout experts, can relate to the struggle to motivate yourself to exercise. He doesn’t write using lofty, scientific terms. When reading this book, you’ll feel like you’re having a conversation with your friend, witty banter and frustrations included!
By accepting exercise as a necessary evil, Runyon helps you to work past your reluctance and presents reasonable physical and nutritional goals that anyone can achieve. If you’re tired of feeling inadequate about your workout goals, pick up a copy of Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn't Have To) and get yourself back on track.
The title of this book says it all: working out definitely sucks! This book gives you an informative, and especially entertaining, look into the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle, getting in shape, and the problems that we all inevitably fall into. We all know that being healthy is a difficult, but an essential part of life. Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn’t Have To) provides great tips on not only eat healthier, but also elevating your mood, increasing your energy, and being an all-around healthier and happier person. The book informs you that just by making a few changes in your life you can achieve a lifetime of benefits.
This was a refreshing take on the same old diet books you see packing the shelves of bookstores nowadays. Instead of offering a "quick fix" that hardly seems attainable, this guide is all about a realistic approach to weight loss. The focus is on motivating people to make positive changes in the way they think about health and fitness. We especially enjoyed the inspirational stories from real people who never thought they could turn their lives, and their health around. It was refreshing to hear that the ideas laid out in this book really work.
Runyon is clearly a motivator and a character. We found ourselves laughing out loud at the titles of the short vignettes that make up the book ("Super Man Had Kryptonite, Oprah Had Mac and Cheese," for example), but it’s very evident that he knows his stuff. He details the usual reasons one should work out…health and fitness benefits, living an active lifestyle and avoiding the obesity epidemic in a funny and engaging way. But it was the section focusing on exercise and weight loss success stories that we found most inspiring and helpful.
Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn't Have To) is a light read with a call to action. This is a perfect for anyone interested in bettering their health without the traps of fad diets and other unrealistic means. Inspiring and informative, make it a part of your collection.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
"Dip your spoon into this chicken chili with sweet potatoes and enjoy the variety of wonderful flavors with every mouthful! Perfect… Continue reading: "Chicken Chili with Sweet Potatoes"
- Vegan Eats World Book Review
- Vegan Indian Cooking Cookbook Review
- The China Study Cookbook Review
- The Garden of Eating Cookbook Review
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day Cookbook Review
- Luscious Chocolate Smoothies Cookbook Review
- The Ice Dream Cookbook Review
- Go Dairy Free Book Review
- How to Cook Like a Top Chef Cookbook Review
- Simply... Gluten Free Desserts Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dairy Free Pina Colada Ice Cream (nice Cream)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Overnight Protein Oats
- Pineapple Easy Breakfast Smoothie
- Mocktail Hawaiian Sangria Recipe
- Almond Apricot Energy Balls
- Orange Jam
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Phyllo Cup Appetizers
- Herbes De Provence
- Clean Eating Granola Bars
- Leek And Ground Beef Risotto
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook