Herbivoracious Cookbook Review
By: The Editors of FaveHealthyRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I don't care if you're a vegetarian or not, this cookbook Herbivoracious by Michael Natkin is simply a delight! With over 150 amazing vegetarian recipes that are simply irresistible, it will make you forget that you're not eating any meat. The photography and recipe images are vibrant and beautiful, with each page tempting you more. I love the section in the beginning of the cookbook where it talks about various ingredients, with tips for finding, buying and using them. With recipes like the Chickpea Fritters (pg. 69) or Potato and Green Bean Salad with Arugula Pesto (pg. 122) you'll quickly be tempted. This cookbook is loaded with ideas I simply never would have thought of, but now can't wait to try. Be sure to check out the Triple-Smoky Mac & Cheese (pg. 231), I promise you'll be running off to make it. From soups, to the main courses (even organized by stove-top versus oven), side dishes and desserts; there are endless ideas to explore and try."
"Michael Natkin’s cookbook, Herbivoracious, opens the door to a whole world of food that you’ve never seen before. This densely-packed collection is filled with recipes that are bound to impress your foodie friends. These are the kinds of food you’d normally only see at some fancy, over-priced restaurant. This cookbook is not only a lesson in the life of a vegetarian, but it’s also a cultural cuisine guidebook, enlightening its readers with unique dishes from all over the world, like the Kouftikes de Prasa Sandwiches (page 137) which are found all over the Middle East. If you’re looking to diversify your diet, then this is the cookbook you’re going to want to purchase. Besides having an array of food options to choose from, this book is a feast for the eyes, filled with beautifully shot photos, plenty of colorful fonts, and an eye-pleasing layout so you’re not straining to read a single word. The photos themselves offer a refreshing change from the overly dressed-up food pictures you see on the covers of packaged food. In Herbivoracious, there aren’t any flowers or soft lighting to try to disguise the food’s imperfections—Natkin relies on simplicity, allowing the food to speak for itself. This is the cookbook that will teach you that being vegetarian does not equate to having a limited diet."
"Herbivoracious author Michael Natkin will transform how you view vegetarian food. These 150 dishes are not just standard meat-and-potatoes fare made with meat substitutes. Rather, this cookbook is all about haute cuisine. If you're feeling adventurous and want to make something totally new and unique, then turn to this cookbook. If nothing else, the myriad color photos are bound to draw you in if the recipes do not. Herbivoracious is the cookbook for serious vegetarians who want to make dishes that have a "wow" factor."
"In his cookbook Herbivoracious, Michael Natkin offers an interesting perspective on vegetarian food and proves it’s something we can all try cooking. A native southerner, Natkin takes the reader through his journey to vegetarianism and talks about its accessibility to everyone. Due to growing awareness about the food we eat, “vegetarian food is now just good food, period,” he said in his introduction. Natkin offers extensive tips about selecting ingredients and cooking equipment, as well as a recipe collection that’s diverse and exciting. From small-bite appetizers, soups and salads, to pasta dishes and sandwiches, this collection of recipes is sure to please any palette. Not to mention, the cookbook includes decadent desserts and drinks. All are complete with vibrant pictures and easy-to-follow recipes. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great vegetarian guide, as well as to those who like adding meatless dishes to their omnivorous diet."
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Garden of Eating Cookbook Review
- Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook Review
- Simply... Gluten Free Desserts Cookbook Review
- Happy Herbivore Cookbooks Review
- Hungry Girl To The Max Book Review
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! For Kids Review
- Peanut Butter Comfort Review
- Jazzy Vegetarian Classics Review
- Luscious Chocolate Smoothies Cookbook Review
- Veganize This! Cookbook Review
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fiesta Ceramic Casserole Dish
- WillPOWER Your Day
- Frozen Pineapple Lemonade
- White Chocolate Blackberry Donuts
- Dump and Bake Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Chili Lime Chicken
- Chocolate Pecan Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- Coconut Chocolate Muffins