Luscious Chocolate Smoothies Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This is a book truly after my own heart. I never thought there were so many ways to make a delicious chocolate smoothie. Each recipe is super simple to make, and often feature incredibly fun names like "The Latin Lover" and "Coyote's Howl." Plus, every smoothie recipe lists the nutritional information, which is a huge plus for those of us who strive to eat healthy. The book itself is short at under 100 pages, but still manages to go in depth on almost every type of healthy chocolate smoothie imaginable. I like that the book cuts to the chase, listing for the most part only recipes. If you're a fan of chocolate or smoothies, then this cookbook was made for you."
"When I first picked up a copy of Luscious Chocolate Smoothies, I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical. A recipe book all about chocolate that also promises to be healthy? Really? As I started to flip through the pages though, I quickly realized it’s actually pretty easy to make chocolate smoothies that don’t have a ton of fat or calories. All you have to do is substitute some sort of low-fat milk, add some fruit and voila… a healthy snack! This book is full of great smoothie recipes to make if you’re watching your waistline. The recipes are presented in clear and concise instructions, and at the end of each recipe it tells you the calorie count and exactly how many grams of protein and fat are in the smoothie.
Besides being easy-to-read, the other thing I liked about Luscious Chocolate Smoothies was that interspersed with the recipes, there were pages with chocolate trivia, chocolate history, chocolate health facts and more. The whole tone of the book is very personable, and the author comes across as funny and charming, telling stories about his obsession with chocolate through the years. He’s also named his recipes with fun and clever titles such as “The Leprechaun’s Laugh,” “The Latin Lover” and “The Nutty Professor.” Basically, you’ll enjoy perusing the pages of this book just as much as you’ll enjoy the smoothies themselves!"
"Generally, I don't read cookbooks without pictures, but what this book lacks in pictures, it makes up for in inventive recipe names, trivia, and personal touches like childhood memories. For a person who actually reads cookbooks for enjoyment, it's an entertaining read. If you like the combination of fruit and chocolate, you will love these recipes! Almost every recipe includes at least bananas, if not a variety of other fruit. Personally, I'm more drawn to the dessert-like smoothies. Butterscotch, cookie dough, and peppermint were some of the added ingredients I was drooling over."
"Let's be honest here: chocolate is sinfully delicious. The only thing that keeps me from chowing down on a giant chocolate bar every day is the amount of calories included in each bar. But now, thanks to Luscious Chocolate Smoothies, I can enjoy the tempting taste of chocolate as often as I please! Between all the yummy, heart healthy recipes, clever humor, and historical tidbits, this book will keep you amused (and full) for hours on end!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Following a low-carb diet is crucial for anyone with diabetes, or for anyone trying to incorporate more protein and less sugar into… Continue reading: "Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole"
- Herbivoracious Cookbook Review
- Indian Superfood Cookbook Review
- Healthier Without Wheat Review
- Veganize This! Cookbook Review
- The Secret to Skinny Book Review
- Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook Review
- The Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook Review
- Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn't Have To) Guidebook Review
- Handstand Kids Baking Around The World Cookbook Kit Review
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! For Kids Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
- Balsamic roasted brussels sprouts
- Stir-fried chicken with red rice
- Cauliflower rice with masala chicken
- Lemon mustard chicken
- 5 ingredient Easy Chicken Curry
- how to cut leeks
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Super Slimy Snail Snacks
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook