24-Hour Fruit Salad
Make a mouthwatering fruit salad overnight! This 24-Hour Fruit Salad features all the healthy fruits you need in your diet. This is a perfect salad for the summer because all of these healthy fruits are ripe and ready to go. We know that you and your family will love this fruit salad. It's a fun dessert salad that you can make once and keep in the refrigerator all week. It gets better and better the longer you let it sit. How delightful!
This is a healthy riff on old-fashioned Ambrosia salad (traditionally made with orange/pineapple/coconut folded into whipped cream). Serve it as a welcome side for brunch, lunch, or dinner, or you can enjoy it as a dessert.
To use frozen fruits: Thaw completely and drain well, then pat dry on paper towels.
To use canned pineapple: Drain very well (save the juice for another use) and pat dry on paper towels.
Want even more tried and true recipes? Check out all of our Test Kitchen Recipes!
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 orange
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen or canned, packed in pineapple juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peaches or nectarines, diced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted to a light brown
- Place sour cream into a very large bowl. Remove 1 teaspoon of zest from the orange and add to the sour cream and stir. Peel and cut the orange into segments and then into bite size pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add pineapple, blueberries, and the peach to the bowl. Gently stir to coat. Salad may be served right away but it’s even better if covered and refrigerated overnight before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle coconut over the top and garnish with a few fresh berries.
Read Next24-Hour Fruit Salad