Tom's Bootleg BBQ Sauce Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I am a big fan of barbecue sauce, and am a firm believer that it can be paired with just about any edible item. As such, I was excited and intrigued to try out Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce. I have had the opportunity to try a number of barbecue sauces in the past, and was curious to see how this one would stand up.
First up, I wanted to try it on its own. Just by pouring out some of the contents I was able to get my first take on this sauce. It pours easily, which is a good sign in my book. It is much thinner than most other barbecue sauces, but I never liked how thick and goopy most barbecue sauces are anyway.
On its own, I found the taste to be quite pleasant. It has plenty of sweetness, but with a balancing amount of tanginess. I actually love all things spicy, but I can appreciate a barbecue sauce that plays well with other flavors and doesn’t overpower the palate. A barbecue aficionado friend of mine said the sweet flavor of Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce reminded him of a North Carolina-style barbecue flavor.
The second big all-important test for a barbecue sauce is to see how it handles in a cooking application. My barbecue expert friend cooked up a steak with Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce, and he was quite pleased with the final result. Since the sauce is a bit thinner, it makes for a fantastic marinade. I also thought it was a top notch substitute for steak sauce as well. I even found myself adding it to tomato-based spaghetti sauces to add some sweetness and tanginess to the mix.
Overall, Tom’s Bootleg Barbecue Sauce is a quality choice for dipping and a great barbecue sauce to choose in a cooking application.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- PopCorners Review
- Enter to Win a Prize Pack of KRAVE Jerky!
- Chance to Win Pretty Pinky Up Tea!
- Delallo Pasta Review
- Van's Frozen Waffles Review
- Musco Family Olive Co. Reduced Salt & Fresh Cured Olives Review
- Fazoli's Frozen Snacks Review
- Chance to Win a Starpack 7-PC Spatula Bundle!
- Chance to Win a Mud Pie Sip Tea Mug Set!
- Chance to Win a KitchenIQ Prep and Measure All-In-One Tool!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple And Mustard Glaze
- Chow Mein Soup
- Healthy Oatmeal Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Italian Beef
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Tikka Masala Sauce
- Pastina Soup
- Spinach Pasta
- Chicken Burgers
- Easy Homemade Donuts With Icing On Top
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook