Tom's Bootleg BBQ Sauce Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I am a big fan of barbecue sauce, and am a firm believer that it can be paired with just about any edible item. As such, I was excited and intrigued to try out Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce. I have had the opportunity to try a number of barbecue sauces in the past, and was curious to see how this one would stand up.
First up, I wanted to try it on its own. Just by pouring out some of the contents I was able to get my first take on this sauce. It pours easily, which is a good sign in my book. It is much thinner than most other barbecue sauces, but I never liked how thick and goopy most barbecue sauces are anyway.
On its own, I found the taste to be quite pleasant. It has plenty of sweetness, but with a balancing amount of tanginess. I actually love all things spicy, but I can appreciate a barbecue sauce that plays well with other flavors and doesn’t overpower the palate. A barbecue aficionado friend of mine said the sweet flavor of Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce reminded him of a North Carolina-style barbecue flavor.
The second big all-important test for a barbecue sauce is to see how it handles in a cooking application. My barbecue expert friend cooked up a steak with Tom’s Bootleg BBQ Sauce, and he was quite pleased with the final result. Since the sauce is a bit thinner, it makes for a fantastic marinade. I also thought it was a top notch substitute for steak sauce as well. I even found myself adding it to tomato-based spaghetti sauces to add some sweetness and tanginess to the mix.
Overall, Tom’s Bootleg Barbecue Sauce is a quality choice for dipping and a great barbecue sauce to choose in a cooking application.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Delallo Pasta Review
- Win a Modern Sprout Self-Watering Herbs Kit!
- Chance to Win a Ginsu Quikut Fruit & Vegetable Knife!
- Van's Frozen Waffles Review
- Chance to Win a Starpack 7-PC Spatula Bundle!
- Maia Ming Salt and Pepper Shakers Review
- The Piping Gourmets Gluten Free Whoopie Pies
- Win a Talisman Salad Server Set!
- Chance to Win Skinny Pasta!
- Chance to Win a WMF Mix and Go Electric Blender!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Homemade Refried Beans
- Keto Shrimp Foil Packets
- Creamy Rice And Shrimp
- Sweet Freezer Corn Recipe
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Low-carb Instant Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Chili Garlic Tofu Scramble
- Lemon-olive Oil Dressing – Clean Eating
- Chocolate Plus Breakfast Smoothie
- Braised Red Cabbage
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook