Daiya Vegan Cheese Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"When I first had a chance to try out Daiya vegan cheese, I had two thoughts going through my head. The company claims that the product tastes like real cheese and melts like real cheese. I set out to test the validity of their claim.
First, I had to see if Daiya actually tasted like real cheese. This seemed dubious to me, as real cheese had a distinctive tang that is hard to duplicate. I tried it raw straight from the bag, plus I added some to a salad to get a sense of its taste.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they were able to duplicate the taste of real cheese. The texture was spot on and it was not spongy or overly chewy, which was one of my initial fears. It has some of real cheese’s tanginess, but you can still tell that you are not eating the real thing. I liked it best in the salad, where its light cheesy flavor really shone.
Next, I had to test to see if the cheese would actually melt and stretch like real cheese. Naturally, I elected to make a classic grilled cheese sandwich. Low and behold, it actually melted! Not only did it actually melt, but it also stretched. It didn’t stretch like real Mozzarella cheese, but when heated it had the same texture and consistency that I would expect from real cheese.
Daiya vegan cheese is an ideal cheese alternative if you do not eat cheese. The product has a full-bodied classic cheese taste, and I found that it cooked up just like real cheese. Whether you are lactose intolerant or you just choose not to eat cheese, you will enjoy Daiya vegan cheese."
Read NextSkinny Pasta Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Meals that use as few pans, dishes and utensils as possible make our lives that much easier. That means more time for yourself,… Continue reading: "One-Pan Roasted Chicken & Veggies"
- Chance to Win Skinny Pasta!
- V8 V-Fusion Smoothie Review
- Delallo Pasta Review
- Win Setton Farms Pistachio Berry Blend Snack!
- GlutenTox Review
- Chance to Win a Circulon Morning Bird Teakettle!
- Chance to Win the Farberware 4-Cup Egg Poaching Pan!
- Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery
- Roman Meal Review
- Enter to Win Tiesta Tea!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Spicy Paprika Feta Dip With Roasted Red Peppers
- Easy Candy Cane Christmas Caprese Salad Appetizer
- Simple Roasted Green Beans And Carrots With Almonds
- Hearty Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Cute Cucumber Tree Christmas Appetizer
- Classic Sausage And Herb Stuffing Side Dish
- Mashed Potatoes With Greek Yogurt And Dill
- Baked Cauliflower With Cheese
- Healthy Potato Salad With Raisins (no Mayo Recipe)
- Easy Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Carrots
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook