Take It Off, Keep It Off Book Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I was really intrigued when I first heard about the book Take It Off, Keep It Off, a book where a guy intentionally gains 90 pounds over six months and then sheds the weight during the next six months... sounds a little out there, right? Well, PJ, the author is a personal trainer who wanted to know what his clients were going through in their weight loss journey, so he lived the experience himself. What better way to demonstrate that you can lose weight through regimented dieting and fitness than by going through it yourself? I admire PJ's commitment to the cause and I think anyone interested in leading a healthier lifestyle and losing weight would be inspired by this book."
"Motivating yourself to lose weight can be tough, but Take It Off, Keep It Off really inspires you to get going. The author is really empathetic to those who are struggling with their weight and offers sound, easy-to-understand advice for how to get healthier. Reading about the author's own success with weight loss, paired with stories from some of his successful clients, was incredibly empowering. Even if you don't have a personal trainer, you'll feel like you do when you're reading Take It off, Keep It Off. It will keep you powering though those difficult times and get you motivated to lose weight and keep it off."
"Even those daunted by diet and exercise will be able to get on board with the program laid out in PJ James' book Take It Off, Keep It Off. The ideas are simple and straightforward: 15 minutes of cardio daily before breakfast, lifting weights four times a week, walking at night, and eating "clean" foods, which means no processed foods, no added sugar or salt, and eating lots of lean meat, veggies and whole grains. You don't have to be a fitness guru to follow the program set forth in this motivational book. It's a great guide for anyone looking to better their eating and exercise regimes."
"This fitness book is much more personable than most. With an author that truly knows what those in weight-loss battles are going through (after all, he did go from fat to fit!), PJ can empathize with the struggles, both emotional and physical, that many of us experience while trying to get healthy. He also helps break things down so they're easy to understand and follow. He walks you through what to eat and snack on, and how to go about getting your daily exercise in. If you've been putting off that New Year's resolution, now's the time to get going... few fitness and self-help books are as encouraging and informative as Take It Off, Keep It Off.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Hearty and comforting, this classic Yellow Split Pea Soup will be your new favorite. Just add the wholesome ingredients to your… Continue reading: "Instant Pot Yellow Split Pea Soup"
- Jazzy Vegetarian Classics Review
- Indian Superfood Cookbook Review
- Handstand Kids Baking Around The World Cookbook Kit Review
- Peanut Butter Comfort Review
- Veganize This! Cookbook Review
- The Secret to Skinny Book Review
- Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook Review
- How to Cook Like a Top Chef Cookbook Review
- Healthier Without Wheat Book Review
- Herbivoracious Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Chicken 65 Recipe (restuarant Style)
- Easy Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Crispy Beer Battered Fish
- Rainbow Spring Rolls Recipe With Pineapple Dip
- Baked Cauliflower Hashbrown Patties Recipe
- Quick And Easy Baked Fish
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Apple Butter
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook