Top 8 Vegetarian Friendly Lunches and Benefits of Vegetarianism
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are plenty of vegetarian dinner recipes out there, but it can be difficult to find a meat-free lunch besides PB&J. Not everyone has time for grilled tofu skewers with a mixed vegetable salad or homemade soup. We're going to share with you our top 8 vegetarian-friendly recipes along with some reasons why you should eat try them! Even if you are not a vegetarian, these are great healthy lunch recipes that anyone can make. They are full of fresh fruits and vegetables and packed with protein from beans--not to mention to health benefits of going vegetarian! Check out our tips and recipes.
Table of Contents
- Super-Healthy Skin: Vegetarians eat more water-based fruits and vegetables, which leads to better skin.
- Chemical and Hormone-Free Food: Animals are often injected with hormones that ends up in our meat and can harm people. Also, not only do animals consume chemicals, but chemicals are often sprayed on meat as a means to preserve it.
- Benefits of High Fiber: Vegetarians eat a high-fiber diet of vegetables, which improves digestion and also has been proven to prevent some cancers.
- Increased Energy: It takes awhile for people to digest animal products, so by avoiding meat you will have an extra burst of energy!
- Lower Cholesterol: By cutting out meat products, you will be cutting down your cholesterol too, which can even prevent blood clots or heart disease.
- Decreased Risk of Cancer: Studies show that following a vegetarian lifestyle can decrease your chances of getting certain types of cancer. Even if you aren't a true vegetarian, you can lower your risk of cancer by increasing your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avocado Soybean Veggie Burgers: Avocados and soybeans not only go well together, but they are packed with healthy fats and proteins too! These will work hot or cold--just make sure to throw some lemon juice on the avocado if you slice it ahead of time so it doesn't turn brown.
- Brown Rice and Lentil Burgers: Lentils aren't just for soup, but you'll have to try these to believe us! The combination of brown rice and lentils goes perfectly together in this Asian-inspired burger.
- Nectarine and Avocado Salad with Sweet Yogurt Dressing: If you want a lighter lunch, this salad is great as a side or main course. You might want to toss some tofu on top for some extra protein, but this one is full of flavor. The creamy avocado really goes well with the sweet nectarine. Try plums or apples in this salad if you're feeling adventurous.
- Vegetarian Refried Bean Burgers: Here is another vegetarian Mexican dish! Use those leftover refried beans and more in this rich burger. Use it as a salad topper or put it on a whole wheat wrap with salsa.
- Vegetarian Bean Enchiladas: Get a taste of Mexico for lunch with these great enchiladas! You can make them ahead of time and pack them for lunch to reheat, or put them together without adding the sauce so they don't get soggy. This is a great option for dinner too.
- Fava Bean and Sweet Pepper Salad: This is really the ultimate healthy salad. It is light and flavorful with an extra tang from the white wine dressing. Add your leftover avocados to this one or pair it with a black bean soup.
- Veggie Pita Pockets: This isn't your ordinary veggie sandwich. Try a Mediterranean pita bread for this veggie pocket. The low-fat cream cheese spread perfectly complements the crunchy cucumbers and sweet tomatoes. Even the kids will like these!
- Black Bean Jalapeno Burgers: Spice up your normal burger with this black bean creation. Black beans are super heart healthy, and they say spicy food speeds up your metabolism. The more peppers, the better!
- Always use fresh ingredients when you can--that way you will get all the nutrients you need out of whatever you eat.
- Just because it doesn't look like meat doesn't mean it doesn't have protein. Remember, beans, nuts and other soy ingredients are packed with protein and other essential nutrients.
- Keep it light, but hearty. Even if you are a vegetarian for health reasons, you still need your energy. Top your salads with chopped nuts, choose soups with a variety of beans and don't forget about those whole grains.
- Vegetarian food doesn't have to mean "weird" food. Many vegetarian dishes are the same types of foods anyone else would eat. Don't deprive yourself just because you are following a special diet.
- Read between the lines. If you find a recipe you like but it calls for chicken broth, bacon or meat in general, you can still make it! Keep vegetable broth on hand and don't be afraid of fake meat products that boast a similar taste and texture as real meat. Don't limit your cooking repertoire just because you think you have limited ingredients.
For more meatless meal ideas, be sure to check out our collection of the best 20 Cheap Vegetarian Meals!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Following a low-carb diet is crucial for anyone with diabetes, or for anyone trying to incorporate more protein and less sugar into… Continue reading: "Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole"
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- 19 Slimmed Down Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
- 16 Edible Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas
- Going Crustless: 10 Easy Pie Recipes
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- The 7 Day Metabolism Diet
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Beef
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Tikka Masala Sauce
- Pastina Soup
- Spinach Pasta
- Chicken Burgers
- Easy Homemade Donuts With Icing On Top
- An Easy Way To Make Sweet Tea
- Cream Chicken With Spinach
- Lamb And Salad With Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook