The Top Ten Healthy Cooking Recipes of December 2011
Every week, we here at FaveHealthyRecipes.com seek to feature new healthy recipes just for you, the loyal healthy eating reader. However, inevitably some healthy recipes just prove to be much more popular than other ones.
Here are the The Top Ten Healthy Cooking Recipes of December 2011 as chosen by you, the loyal readers. From healthy dessert recipes to healthy cooking ideas for dinner, there is a reason these light recipes are so darn popular!
- KFC Inspired Mashed "Potato" Bowl - This restaurant copycat recipe from Rocky Barragan is perhaps one of the most ingenious healthy recipes. Rocky made this dish after watching a KFC commercial, and this popular healthy cooking recipe is sure to inspire you too.
- KFC's Borrowed Biscuit Recipe - It should not surprise you that KFC copycat recipes were so popular this month, as those recipes are always incredibly popular. After all, what is not to love about a dish that tastes just as good as fast food, but with a fraction of the fat and calories?
- Simply Amish Biscuits - Amish cooking is synonymous with simple and hearty fare, perfect for cold weeknight dinners. The Amish, however, are not known for using diet friendly ingredients. This popular baking recipe duplicates the classic Amish country flavor in a form that is much more heart healthy.
- Healthier Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits - Red Lobster is primarily known for its seafood offerings, but true fans know that their cheese biscuits are the real star. As you can imagine though, a recipe built on white flour and lots of cheese is a healthy eating no-no. With a few smart substitutions, this healthier restaurant copycat recipe is rightfully one of the most popular recipes.
- Classic Butter Cookies - These classic Christmas cookies may be gluten free, but even those who do not suffer from Celiac disease will enjoy these yummy treats. One bite is all it will take for you to realize why this was one of the top healthy recipes of December 2011.
- Mini Baked Glazed Donuts - This sweet treat is baked instead of being fried, meaning you can go back to enjoying donuts again without worrying about your calorie intake. Thanks to a mini donut baking pan, you can make these adorable treats any time of year. Sprinkles may be optional, but do healthy dessert recipes ever suffer from sprinkles?
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing - Sometimes the very best healthy cooking ideas are the simplest ones. Not many restaurants are known for their salad dressing, but a visit to Olive Garden would not be complete without their famed house salad. This is one of the most exciting healthy recipes on this list because it shows you how to make a classic restaurant recipe using only three ingredients.
- Best Ever Dump Cake - Is the best ever title fitting for this dessert, one of the easiest healthy recipes to make on this list? We here will let you be the final judge of that. What we can say is that there is something totally irresistible about a dish that is this simple to concoct. Just dump all the ingredients into a bowl, mix and then bake to perfection.
- Appetizer Bites - From Christmas cookie swaps to holiday potlucks and New Year's parties, December is the month when it comes to entertaining. If you host parties, you will need a cavalcade of healthy cooking recipes to serve to guests at a moment's notice.
- Christmas Eve Casserole - This breakfast casserole dish is one of the most highly sought-after healthy recipes. For this recipe, prepare everything on Christmas Eve to have yourself a delicious and hearty breakfast when you wake up on Christmas morning. Once you make this casserole recipe, you will know first-hand why it is so popular.
Read NextNana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe