7 Scrumptious Recipes for Dessert That are Healthy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's face it...we all love to eat dessert! We also have to face the fact that there are a great many desserts out there that are not exactly good for you...or your waistline. Never fear! The Editors at FaveHealthyRecipes have compiled a collection of 7 scrumptious recipes for dessert that are healthy. See for yourself:
Table of Contents
#1 — Healthy Cranberry Orange Bars
This low-fat recipe is diabetic-friendly, but delicious for everyone. These cranberry-orange bars make a great afternoon snack or treat in your child's lunch box. These are also a great autumn dessert for dinner parties and gathering.
Cooking Time: 40 min
- 1/2 cup cranberries, chopped finely
- 1 orange, ground with skins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 2/3 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg, or 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the cranberries, oranges, raisins, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the cranberry mixture and pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned on top.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.
#2 — Amy's Amaretti
My amaretti recipe is really easy, and my family and friends eat them up like there's no tomorrow - you will too. I love almonds, so I was really excited to make these wonderful cookies - especially since they're a healthier than many other cookies out there.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 3 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine meal.
- Add the sugar and continue to process for another 15 seconds.
- Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to process until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
- Using a teaspoon, place well rounded spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Cookies should be at least 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Cookies should be golden.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on the paper before removing.
- Store in a dry place.
- “Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate.” — Sandra Boynton
- “Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!” — Author Unknown
- “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” — Ernestine Ulmer
- “A boy doesn't have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn't like pie when he sees there isn't enough to go around.” — E.W. Howe
- “I prefer to regard a dessert as I would imagine the perfect woman: subtle, a little bittersweet, not blowsy and extrovert. Delicately made up, not highly rouged. Holding back, not exposing everything and, of course, with a flavor that lasts.” — Graham Kerr
- “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.” — Erma Bombeck
Read NextNana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- How to Store Your Avocados
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- 10 Amish Recipes for Your Family Dinners
- Fun Quick and Easy Summer Dessert Ideas
- 24 Healthy Dinner Recipes for Church Potlucks
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 36 Easy Healthy Weeknight Dinners for Warm Weather
- 19 Pumpkin Recipes You'll Fall In Love With
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Arugula Salad
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins With Streusel Topping
- Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal
- The Best Florentine Quiche
- Kerala Chicken Curry With Coconut
- All About Pesto
- Red White Blue Cheese And Fruit Charcuterie Board
- How To Cook Frozen Hamburgers In The Oven
- The Best Air Fryer Tofu!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook