21 Incredible Homemade Detox Recipes
Start eating right again with our collection of healthy smoothie recipes and healthy salad recipes.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Weekends, especially holiday weekends, are meant for relaxing — and, for many, relaxing their diets. With summer barbecues, Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas buffets, New Year's parties, and Easter brunches on the horizon, even the healthiest eater will have trouble staying on track. You are likely to indulge in pies, casseroles, cookies, and more. Unfortunately, all that excess — in the form of carbs, fat, salt, sugar, and alcohol — will leave you feeling bloated, tired, and guilty. However, what if we told you there is a way to offset whatever happened over the weekend with healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and more?
Don't worry; there is! You can fix the damage by following a simple detox plan.
Don't let the word "detox" make you nervous. When a detox is done correctly, it is just another word to describe a diet rich in healthy and natural foods. By ridding yourself of artificial flavors and chemical substances, you are removing harmful toxins from your body. Eating detox meals will not only help cleanse your system but it will force you to start eating right. There are many ingredients you can add to your recipes to transform an ordinary meal into a detox meal and we have some of those meals here for you right now.
We have collected and assembled some incredible homemade detox recipes that you and your loved ones can start enjoying immediately. These recipes taste great and will help you feel great, too. Fill your body with nourishing and delicious foods with these 21 Incredible Homemade Detox Recipes.
Table of Contents
Looking for more healthy smoothie recipes? Check out our popular article: How Do You Make a Smoothie? + 10 Easy Smoothie Recipes
Detox Smoothie Recipes to Start Your Day
You have probably seen many commercials that advertise detox smoothies. There is no need to spend your money on those when you can just make amazing smoothies at home. These detox smoothie recipes are some of the best homemade detox recipes around. These slimming smoothies are packed with simple, clean ingredients that are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients.
- Berry-nana Whole Grain SmoothieFor a filling meal replacement, try this fruity, whole grain smoothie. You'll love sipping on this smoothie after the holidays!
- Super Power SmoothieThis thick and creamy smoothie is loaded with super foods to fuel your day. If you need a boost in the morning, then this smoothie just might be what you're looking for.
- Blueberry Banana Recovery SmoothieFeeling under the weather? Get better fast with this refreshing concoction. The combination of flavors in this smoothie is one that you simply must try.
- Detox Green Ginger SmoothieKickstart the day with this delicious elixir. This easy recipe is a must-have after a long night out with friends.
- Glowing Skin SmoothieGreasy foods leaving your skin feeling oily? Rehydrate your skin with this tasty smoothie. It helps that it's tasty, too!
- Detox SmoothieRejuvenate your body with this sweet Detox Smoothie. Refreshing and delicious, this four-ingredient recipe is too good to miss.
- Very Cherry Recovery SmoothieAfter a sweaty session at the gym, cool down with this replenishing drink. This recipe is perfect for hot summer mornings, too.
Detox Salad Recipes for Lunch or Dinner
What better way to jump-start a healthy lifestyle than by eating salads as meals? Say goodbye to sad and boring lettuce. These detox salad recipes will add color, flavor, and nutrition to your plate. You'll also love how easy it is to make these salads. Whether you're looking for a healthy side dish that's packed with nutrients or a light and refreshing main course, these easy salad recipes will be just what you need for lunch or dinner.
- Detox ColeslawDress up dull cabbage with this healthy and creamy dish. With cranberries, red onion, gram masala, and so much more, this delicious recipe is a flavorful departure from the traditional recipe for coleslaw.
- Detox SaladEat clean and raw with this all-natural detox salad recipe. This recipe is a must for anyone who is watching what they eat.
- Queen of Quinoa's Detox SaladGive your body a boost with this amazing detox salad. If you've never cooked with quinoa, then give this recipe a try!
- Super Simple Quinoa Fruit SaladThis fresh fruit salad is bursting with juicy flavors. You'll love the combination of fruit and quinoa in this recipe.
- No-Lettuce SaladLoaded with avocados, cucumbers, and tomatoes, this is not your average salad. Shake up your lunchtime routine when you bring this salad to work — your coworkers will be so impressed!
- Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Quinoa SaladGet your daily dose of veggies and protein with this delightful salad. This salad can be served as a side dish, too.
- Apple-Walnut Rainbow Chard SaladWith only 5 ingredients, this simple salad recipe makes a satisfying meal. This recipe is perfect for fall, too!
Detox Soup and Stew Recipes to Warm You Up
Have you ever heard of soup for the soul? It's true. Sometimes you just need a big, steaming bowl of deliciousness to help solve all of your problems. We have the homemade detox recipes that will help cure your ailments and will warm you up inside and out, too. If it is possible, consider doubling a batch of chili or soup, then freezing the second batch. You'll be glad you have extra servings stashed away!
- Detox ChiliSubstantial, satisfying, and superb. This three-step recipe is so easy to make, too, and can be served with grated cheese or crackers.
- Slow Cooked Detox SoupChock-full of vegetables and simple flavors, this is one of the best slow-cooker soup recipes. Start cooking this soup around lunchtime, and it will be ready to eat in time for dinner!
- Tribute SoupPay homage to good spirits and healthy living with this Tribute Soup. Here's another way to boost your spirits: this recipe has only two steps to it.
- Beans and Rice SoupBlack beans and rice make a powerful team to help weight loss. This hearty and filling soup recipe won't break your budget, either.
- Skinny Squash SoupThis hearty soup is filled with the freshest, finest, and simplest ingredients. It also has a vibrant color that will cheer you up on even the gloomiest day.
- 4-Ingredient Zucchini StewSpice up bland vegetables with this easy stew recipe. This recipe is also the perfect way to make a dent in your summertime produce!
- Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut SoupThis vegan-friendly soup is immensely flavorful. You can also use maple syrup in this soup for a taste that's completely unique.
BONUS: Delicious and Easy Detox Recipe!
Some people might be baffled by the concept of a smoothie bowl. But for those of you who prefer to eat their smoothies with chunks of fruit or granola, they're the perfect way to get the smoothie texture and taste and still eat it with a spoon. This Cucumber Smoothie Bowl with Cherry and Mango is a delicious way to start the morning and to detox your body. You can substitute the cherries and mangos for your other favorite fruits.
There are so many ways to make a good salad. Do you know the best techniques? Check out our article on How to Make a Salad + 10 Healthy Salad Recipes
What is your favorite homemade detox recipe?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook