Low Carb Baking Substitutions
With some of these clever healthy baking substitutions, you can still bake without breaking your diet!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're eating low carb, you might think that you have to avoid baking your favorite things. But with some Low Carb Baking Substitutions, you can spend some time baking in the kitchen without breaking your diet. It's as simple as changing some flours or using applesauce instead of oil. Baking is basically chemistry and with a bit of cleverness and our baking ingredient replacements, you can make some delicious low carb baked goods. You might even find yourself baking more because you probably already have these low carb baking ingredients in your home. So, you don't have to go shopping for new ones when you already have when you need in your kitchen.
With the holidays right around the corner, you are going to want to break your diet as soon as you get a whiff of sugar cookies or pie. It's difficult to stick to your guns when everyone is bringing in cookies to the office or you're pulling candy out of your stocking. Instead of avoiding everything all together or giving up on your low carb diet, make some key substitutions that will make your baked goods low carb!
Low Carb Baking Ingredient Substitutions
As you can see below, making a low carb baked good can be as easy as replacing one of the standard ingredients to something that will mimic its effects in the recipe. Feel free to experiment and let us know what worked for you!
Coconut Flour: It is completely sugar-free, rich in protein, and extremely high in fiber.
Almond Flour: It is higher in fat than coconut flour, and it makes moist, nutty and tender cake.
Veg Puree: It is low in sugar per serving and helps create moist baked goods. It's a good oil replacement.
Applesauce: It replaces oil in recipes and it also helps you reduce the amount of sweetener that you need.
Stevia: It is all-natural and stronger than sugar with zero effect on the glycemic index.
Flax Meal: Use flax meal or ground flaxseeds in the same manner and the same amounts as a standard flour.
Chia seeds: They soak up liquids, add filling fiber, and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
Pumpkin puree: It is low in sugar and helps create moist baked goods. It's a great replacement for the oil and butter in your recipe.
Want to make more baking substitutions? Check out our very best Vegan Baking Substitutions and 6 Easy Vegan Recipes
What's your go-to ingredient substitution?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"A simple, nourishing, and flavorful side dish is ready in just minutes! This skillet of Fried Cabbage with Apples and Onions makes… Continue reading: "Fried Cabbage with Apples and Onion"
- How to Make Zoodles + Zoodle Recipes
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- Herbs for Health: The 10 Best Herbs for Healthy Cooking
- How to Peel and Cut Butternut Squash
- How to Cook with Whole Grains
- Low Carb Baking Substitutions
- How to Sun Dry Tomatoes
- How to Replace Eggs with Fruit in Baking
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Easy Thai-Style Omelet
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Dump-and-Bake Pesto Chicken
- Epare Vegetable Spiralizer
- Lebanese Cauliflower Stew
- Healthy Trail Mix Recipe
- Thai Shrimp and Glass Noodles | Goong Ob Woonsen
- Instant Pot Coconut Sticky Rice
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook