Spice Guide: How to Season Meat
Check out this spice guide for meats and finally know what spices go together!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're a beginner in the kitchen, one of the things you are probably wondering is "how should I spice my meat?" There are so many spice and seasoning options that you don't even know where to begin. We're here to help with our Spice Guide: How to Season Meat. From beef to pork, we've got you covered with this beginner's guide to spices. Since there are so many spice options, we highly recommend experimenting to find the perfect combination for you. Use this handy list of spices to make a shopping list for your spice cabinet. You won't regret having a large assortment on hand just in case a recipe calls for something like coriander or marjoram!
If you're unsure how to develop your collection of spices, it's good to start with the basics that you can use in just about any recipe. Once you have the basics then you can combine them in delicious and experimental ways. These are the spices that everyone should have in their collection: thyme, basil, oregano, garlic, rosemary, onion, sage, dry mustard powder, parsley, ginger, and paprika.
Beginner in the kitchen? Check out: A Beginner's Guide to Kitchen Knives
How to season your beef is a skill that everyone chef must know. Your homemade burgers are going to be the best your guests have ever had once you master a spice combination that tastes amazing.
Dry mustard powder
There are so many different ways to season fish that there is a combination to please everyone. Feel free to experiment with different combinations and let us know what you like best in the comments below!
Dry mustard powder
You might be thinking: lamb? No way. I'm a beginner - I can't prepare lamb yet. And we're here to tell you that yes, yes you can. With the right combination of herbs and spices, you can make a delicious lamb dinner that everyone will love.
If your only experience with cooking pork is frying up some bacon in the morning, then prepare for a whole new (tastier) world! Once you find the right combination of spices to season pork, your family is going to request you make it all the time.
Dry mustard powder
When you're seasoning poultry, don't use a paltry amount of spices! Make sure that bird is tasty and flavorful with a winning combination of these seasonings.
Find out the best method for how to grill chicken in our helpful article: How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
What's your favorite spice blend? Let us know in the comments below!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
With a few smart ingredient substitutions, Anne Colagioia is able to make a Bisquick impossible taco pie recipe that you can feel good… Continue reading: "Seven Layer Impossible Taco Pie"
- 5 Easy Ways To Cook A Spaghetti Squash
- How to Cook Quinoa
- Prime Rib Rub Recipe
- All About Pesto
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- How To Roast Garlic Cloves
- The Best Egg Substitutes For Baking And Cooking
- Herbs for Health: The 10 Best Herbs for Healthy Cooking
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Chili Sauce With Ketchup
- Homemade Chili Sauce With Ketchup
- Mexican Tuna Salad
- Almond Joy Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Air Fryer Yellow Squash
- Inside Out Egg Rolls
- Easy Homemade Healthy Ketchup Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup Canning Recipe
- Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Easy Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook