How to Make Low Calorie Rhubarb Recipes
Have you tried using rhubarb in your recipes yet? Check out some of our favorites and some tricks for cooking with rhubarb.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rhubarb is a bright red delight that adds a fresh bite to any sweet treat. Many of us have tasted the goodness of recipes for rhubarb pie, but even fewer have actually made rhubarb recipes. Not only are rhubarb recipes delicious, but low calorie rhubarb recipes are simple to make too. Here are some delicious low calorie rhubarb recipes for you to try. No matter the occasion, any of these rhubarb recipes will be perfect to share. They're all going to be family favorites, especially when you use some of our tips about rhubarb to make the best recipes possible.
Try our favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe below!
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups whole strawberries
- 2 cups cut-up rhubarb
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter substitute
The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Is this the best strawberry rhubarb pie recipe you have ever had? We will let you be the judge of that. But good luck finding an easy-to-make healthy sweet treat with as much flavor as this low calorie rhubarb recipe.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Mix sugar substitute and cornstarch. Mix lightly through strawberries and rhubarb.
Pour into pastry lined pan. Dot with butter substitute.
Cover with top crust. Cut slits in crust. Sprinkle with sugar substitute.
Seal and flute edges. Cover edge with 1-1/2 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.
Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through slits. Serve slightly warm.
More Low Calorie Rhubarb Recipes
Baked Rhubarb Crisp: Rhubarb is the shining star in this low calorie rhubarb recipe.
Rhubarb Sticky Muffins: This is one of the best rhubarb muffin recipes around because it is easy to make and even easier to eat.
Iced Rhubarb Tea: Tasty rhubarb recipes are not just for baked goods, as this sweet drink is perfectly refreshing.
Rhubarb Oats Bar: This low calorie rhubarb recipe transforms the typical granola bar to a culinary delight.
Breakfast Rhubarb Muffins: Choose this rhubarb muffin recipe to make a great breakfast every day of the week.
Strawberry and Rhubarb French Toast Bake: This breakfast casserole just proves you can have rhubarb all day.
Make-Ahead Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Parfaits: Make these rhubarb parfaits ahead of time and eat them all week!
Easy Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp: The next time you're going to a potluck, make this rhubarb crisp!
Rhubarb Nutrition and Rhubarb Trivia
Although rhubarb is most commonly seen in sweet recipes, it does not taste sweet at all. Rhubarb on its own has a slightly tart flavor, which contrasts well with the sweet flavor of desserts.
Rhubarb is a good source of vitamin C and a powerhouse source of vitamin K, as just 3 1/2 ounces of rhubarb has over a quarter of your daily recommended dose of vitamin K.
While rhubarb stalks are quite tasty, rhubarb leaves are to be avoided at all costs because they are toxic.
Rhubarb thrives in cooler temperatures, which it is known as a spring harvest crop.
95 percent of rhubarb is water.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Americans eat more shrimp than any other seafood, so on May 10 were celebrating National Shrimp Day with a quick recipe for Sheet Pan… Continue reading: "Sheet Pan New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp"
- Salmon en Papillote
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- How to Sun Dry Tomatoes
- Healthy Cooking and Baking Substitutions
- How To Prepare and Cook Garlic
- How To Cook Eggs Correctly
- How to Make Great Cornbread
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
- How to Make Low Calorie Rhubarb Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Christmas Salad
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- Healthy Wheat Berries
- Is Organic Food Worth The Cost?
- Weight Loss Meal Prep
- 9 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
- Healthy Eating And Food Relationships
- Best Weight Loss Diet Plans
- 5 Easy Routes To A Healthy Diet
- Quick And Easy Goat Curry
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook