How to Cook Quinoa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Quinoa is a super trendy food that everyone seems to be making. This food is popular not only because it's delicous, but it's also incredibly nutritious. Quinoa, a top-notch superfood, is rich in protein and high in fiber, and it contains a healthy dose of iron. Plus, quinoa is a great gluten free alternative to wheat, barley, and rye. With all of these health benefits, it will be hard to find a reason why you shouldn't include quinoa in your daily diet.
To help you start cooking with quinoa, we'll give you a few tips.
- Rinse your quinoa before cooking. Simply place your quinoa in a fine-mesh seive and run under cold water for a few seconds. Doing this, you'll rinse off a bitter coating called saponin.
- One cup of quinoa should be cooked in two cups of liquid. You can use water, chicken broth, or vegetable broth to make your quinoa.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Then add the quinoa and turn the heat down to low. The quinoa will cook quickly, about 15 minutes. You'll know it's ready when it looks like the quinoa popped open.
- After the quinoa has cooked, fluff it with a fork to separate the grains. Then serve and enjoy!
Note: If you toast your quinoa before adding it to the boiling water, your quinoa will have more of a nutty flavor. To toast your quinoa, heat canola oil over medium-low heat. Add the quinoa and stir constantly to prevent your quinoa from burning. Take the quinoa off heat once golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Now that you know how to cook quinoa properly, we suggest you try out these easy quinoa recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Hearty and comforting, this classic Yellow Split Pea Soup will be your new favorite. Just add the wholesome ingredients to your… Continue reading: "Instant Pot Yellow Split Pea Soup"
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Make Zoodles + Zoodle Recipes
- Herbs for Health: The 10 Best Herbs for Healthy Cooking
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
- How to Replace Eggs with Fruit in Baking
- Healthy Cooking and Baking Substitutions
- How To Prepare and Cook Garlic
- Easy Potluck Ideas and Tips You Can’t Live Without
- Curry Mayo Dressing
- Goan Prawn Curry
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tom Yum Goong (Thai Hot & Sour Shrimp Soup)
- Easy Tomato Rigatoni
- Turnip Green Soup
- Indian Okra Side Dish Recipe
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Dump-and-Bake Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Cookie Dough Balls
- Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
- Turkey Meatloaf
- Autumn Harvest Pork Stew
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook