How to Cook Quinoa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Quinoa is a super trendy food that everyone seems to be making. This food is popular not only because it's delicous, but it's also incredibly nutritious. Quinoa, a top-notch superfood, is rich in protein and high in fiber, and it contains a healthy dose of iron. Plus, quinoa is a great gluten free alternative to wheat, barley, and rye. With all of these health benefits, it will be hard to find a reason why you shouldn't include quinoa in your daily diet.
To help you start cooking with quinoa, we'll give you a few tips.
- Rinse your quinoa before cooking. Simply place your quinoa in a fine-mesh seive and run under cold water for a few seconds. Doing this, you'll rinse off a bitter coating called saponin.
- One cup of quinoa should be cooked in two cups of liquid. You can use water, chicken broth, or vegetable broth to make your quinoa.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Then add the quinoa and turn the heat down to low. The quinoa will cook quickly, about 15 minutes. You'll know it's ready when it looks like the quinoa popped open.
- After the quinoa has cooked, fluff it with a fork to separate the grains. Then serve and enjoy!
Note: If you toast your quinoa before adding it to the boiling water, your quinoa will have more of a nutty flavor. To toast your quinoa, heat canola oil over medium-low heat. Add the quinoa and stir constantly to prevent your quinoa from burning. Take the quinoa off heat once golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Now that you know how to cook quinoa properly, we suggest you try out these easy quinoa recipes!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Fire up the blender to make these easy Not-Too-Sweet Banana Apple Muffins in about half an hour! Darrol Henry is four now… Continue reading: "Not-Too-Sweet Banana Apple Muffins"
- How to Make Zoodles + Zoodle Recipes
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- Easy Potluck Ideas and Tips You Can’t Live Without
- Low Carb Baking Substitutions
- How to Make Low Calorie Rhubarb Recipes
- Spice Guide: How to Season Meat
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Cider
- Broccoli Casserole
- Frittata with Zucchini and Brown Rice
- Red Lentil Curry
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Stir-Fried Chicken with Red Rice
- Cauliflower Rice with Masala Chicken
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook