This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"These old-fashioned Porcupine Meatballs are a retro classic that will soon become a favorite for your family, too! The oven-baked meatballs are made with ground beef, rice, onion and seasoning and cooked in a rich tomato sauce. It's an easy dinner recipe that's ready for the oven with just 10 minutes of prep! Porcupine Meatballs originated during the Great Depression, when rice was affordable and readily available, but meat was pricey. By adding rice to a classic meatball recipe, home cooks could bulk up the meal and stretch a small amount of beef a little bit further. They are so good, simple and quick to prepare, and a great family-friendly option if you've got picky eaters at home! "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Read NextCowboy Beans
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Cowboy Beans
- Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- Braised Osso Buco with Fresh Chimichurri Sauce
- Sous Vide Guinness Beef Stew
- Ultimate Meatloaf Casserole
- Longhorn Steakhouse Outlaw Ribeye Copycat
- Easy Mongolian Beef
- Mom's 20-Minute Red Beans and Rice
- Traditional Beef Brisket with Carrot and Sweet Potato Tzimmes
- Homemade Ground Beef Egg Rolls Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- The Best Homemade Chorizo Pizza
- Easy 2 Ingredient Naan (no Yeast)
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- The Ultimate Cheese Scones
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Easy One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Fiesta Chicken Soup
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook