This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Looks good but haven't tried it yet"
"What is the nutrition for this recipe?"
"The recipe won't pull up. I get and error page from a blogger named Kelly."
"5 ingredient cheesecake for 2"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
"These old-fashioned Porcupine Meatballs are a retro classic that will soon become a favorite for your family, too! The oven-baked meatballs are made with ground beef, rice, onion and seasoning and cooked in a rich tomato sauce. It's an easy dinner recipe that's ready for the oven with just 10 minutes of prep! Porcupine Meatballs originated during the Great Depression, when rice was affordable and readily available, but meat was pricey. By adding rice to a classic meatball recipe, home cooks could bulk up the meal and stretch a small amount of beef a little bit further. They are so good, simple and quick to prepare, and a great family-friendly option if you've got picky eaters at home! "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Read NextGround Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
How To Make Matcha Tea
Have you ever come across matcha tea and wondered what it is? Now is the time to get to know and make this amazing drink! I share… Continue reading: "How To Make Matcha Tea"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- GET fast cooking tips
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Chana Aloo Masala (indian Chickpea And Potato Curry)
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Lumpia Filipino-style Egg Rolls
- Crispy Beef Egg Rolls In Air Fryer Recipe
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Summer Orzo Salad
- Homemade Ground Beef Egg Rolls Recipe
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook