This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mom's 20-Minute Red Beans and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A healthy and satisfying dinner can be on the table in just 20 minutes! My Mom’s recipe for Red Beans and Rice is a childhood favorite that has stood the test of time. Whether you prepare a vegetarian version or whip up the original with beef, it’s a simple meal that the whole family will love! This is one of those recipes that just totally reminds me of my childhood. My mom served Red Beans and Rice on a regular basis, and now I know why. It’s an easy, quick-prep dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes (and it tastes like it took MUCH longer)! This Red Beans and Rice can be prepared ahead of time for those crazy days when you don’t want to do anything more than reheat a meal. It’s freezer-friendly, and I swear that it just gets better as it sits!"
NotesThis recipe can easily be made vegetarian by substituting an extra can of beans instead of the beef.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time15 min
Read NextGround Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Yellow Squash
- Inside Out Egg Rolls
- Easy Homemade Healthy Ketchup Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup Canning Recipe
- Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Easy Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- The Best Egg Substitutes For Baking And Cooking
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Melon Ball Lemon Lime Fruit Salad
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook