Reusable Produce Bag Starter Kit
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Reusable Produce Bag Starter Kit
Reviewed by , Editor, FaveHealthyRecipes.com
Save the planet next time you shop for produce by using the Reusable Produce Bag Starter Kit.
It's the little everyday things that make a big impact on being kinder to our planet. When shopping in the produce section for organic apples, I hadn't really stopped to think about the impact the thin plastic produce bag I ripped off the end cap was having on our world. But those thin plastic bags go into the trash, and then into landfills. I haven't heard anything about recycling those produce bags, until I found out about these reusable produce bags.
These bags by ChicoBag are very compact and easy to store in a purse or pocket. You can keep them in your car so you won't forget to use them – they should fit in a seat pocket pretty easily. The bags all roll up into a cute apple-shaped pouch.
The produce starter kit comes with rePETe, a bag that restricts airflow. It also includes a natural fiber bag for grains and nuts. Lastly the rePETe mesh bag is perfect for apples, oranges, and onions. The variety of bags creates great storage for all your shopping.
If I'm going to be concerned about how my apples are grown, I need to consider taking care of the earth they're growing in. These reuseable bags are a really thoughtul way to give back to the planet. All you need to do is stuff these in your purse, and you can put all your produce in cute appropriately-sized reuseable produce bags. I had never really thought about this before but it makes perfect sense to extend our recycling habits to this small detail.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
No one makes homemade chicken noodle soup as well as your mother or grandmother. But, you'll find that this Old-Fashioned Chicken… Continue reading: "Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup"
- Win a Briefton's NextGen Spiralizer!
- Roman Meal Review
- Win a Wusthof Classic Ikon Salad Knife!
- Daiya Vegan Cheese Review
- Van's Frozen Waffles Review
- Win a Kyocera Extra-Wide Peeler!
- Chance to Win a Capresso H20 Select Electric Kettle!
- Silverstone 12-Piece Cookware Set
- Win a Green Chef Subscription Meal Kit!
- Delallo Pasta Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara Casserole
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Butternut Squash And Carrot Soup
- Lavender Lemon Pisco Sour Cocktail
- Classic Red Sauce Pasta
- How To Can Mushrooms
- Quince Jelly
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook