Handstand Kids Baking Around The World Cookbook Kit Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As proud owners of the Handstand Kids Italian Cookbook for the past couple of years, my family and I were thrilled to have the opportunity to review the newest book in the collection, Handstand Kids Baking Around the World. Since my now-5 1/2- year-old lays claim to the Italian cookbook, my 3-year-old couldn’t have been more excited to have his very own, first cookbook. As soon as we opened the box, he wanted to use the kid-sized whisk and silicone baking cups in his play kitchen. When I told him he could use them to bake for real in our REAL kitchen, his eyes got wide as saucers! He ran to grab his stool so he could reach the countertops before I had even cracked open the book.
The first recipe we made was actually a box of Jiffy Corn Bread to go with our chili one weeknight, but my little guy was so proud to sit on the kitchen floor, whisking away with his very own whisk. We made muffins instead of a full pan of the bread, simply to be able to use the colorful muffin cups. They made popping out the muffins a breeze – we need more of these in our kitchen! No waste, like traditional paper muffin cups, and they clean up in a snap.
The next recipe we made was the Dutch Apple Crisp (page 41). One of the terrific things about cooking with kids is that it’s not just about cooking. He’s able to read numbers and tell me how many apples we needed (5, in case you’re interested), how much honey or agave nectar (1 cup), etc. He can’t quite get fractions yet, but he’s off to a great start, in part because of the Handstand Kids recipes. Other than cutting the apples for the recipe, he was able to do almost everything else…including taste-testing during the process. Found out flour by itself doesn’t taste so great. =) The crisp smelled so good while it was baking, and everyone was in such a hurry to eat it after dinner, that we completely forgot to take photos!
While the Handstand Kids products are geared for children, the recipes are anything but childish. This apple crisp rivals any I’ve ever had from a “regular” cookbook, and my husband’s response to it was, “WOW! This is delicious! Tastes just like an apple pie!” He loves apple pie, and he thought this tasted even better.
For a wonderful bonding experience with your kids, I have always suggested cooking or baking together. The Handstand Kids cookbooks enhance that experience and can help those little ones learn numbers, language, measuring, and more – all in the context of preparing something delicious for their families. The kid-sized accouterments make it even more fun!
Read NextPeanut Butter Comfort Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Meals that use as few pans, dishes and utensils as possible make our lives that much easier. That means more time for yourself,… Continue reading: "One-Pan Roasted Chicken & Veggies"
- Peanut Butter Comfort Review
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day Cookbook Review
- Herbivoracious Cookbook Review
- Mike Isabella's Crazy Good Italian Cookbook Review
- Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook Review
- Simply... Gluten Free Desserts Cookbook Review
- Healthier Without Wheat Book Review
- Handstand Kids Baking Around The World Cookbook Kit Review
- Happy Herbivore Cookbooks Review
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! For Kids Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Candy Cane Christmas Caprese Salad Appetizer
- Simple Roasted Green Beans And Carrots With Almonds
- Hearty Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Cute Cucumber Tree Christmas Appetizer
- Classic Sausage And Herb Stuffing Side Dish
- Mashed Potatoes With Greek Yogurt And Dill
- Baked Cauliflower With Cheese
- Healthy Potato Salad With Raisins (no Mayo Recipe)
- Easy Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Carrots
- Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook