Top Five Fitness Trends for 2009
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The American Council on Exercise recently released a report on fitness trends for 2009. Here are some of the trends that we think are especially notable:
- Boot Camp Style Workouts- The fitness trainer transforms into a drill sergeant and yells at you to complete the different exercises along with the rest of the group. Workouts are generally held outdoors, and people sign-up for a month or more-commitments to several classes/week.
- Dance- Thanks to shows such as So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing with the Stars, dance is growing in popularity again and many classes are incorporating different dance styles to keep exercise fun. Hip-hop, ballroom and even ballet are all making appearances in exercise classes. Exotic dances such as Bollywood, South American and Afro-Cuban are also growing in popularity.
- Circuit Training- These workouts combine cardiovascular activity and strength training in intervals of varying intensity. Studies have shown that these workouts are more efficient at burning calories than traditional aerobic or strength trainings sessions.
- High-Tech Fitness- From Wii fit (and other Wii exercise games) to personal trainer iPhone apps, more and more people are looking to gadgets to help with their fitness goals. Check out our guide to the best Mobile Fitness Applications.
- Thrifty Exercise- Gym memberships are declining as people are cutting costs in the current economy. Instead, people are using free resources of the surrounding environment and community, walking, running and participating in community sports.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
With a few smart ingredient substitutions, Anne Colagioia is able to make a Bisquick impossible taco pie recipe that you can feel good… Continue reading: "Seven Layer Impossible Taco Pie"
- 10 Amish Recipes for Your Family Dinners
- The Best Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- 15 Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
- Cooking Cowboy Food: 25 Western Recipes Made Healthier
- How to Store Your Avocados
- 21 Potluck Favorites
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Chili Sauce With Ketchup
- Homemade Chili Sauce With Ketchup
- Mexican Tuna Salad
- Almond Joy Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Air Fryer Yellow Squash
- Inside Out Egg Rolls
- Easy Homemade Healthy Ketchup Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup Canning Recipe
- Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Easy Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook