11 Hassle Free Camp Snacks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is nothing worse than a mid-camp meltdown to spoil a fun summer day. Avoid that afternoon crash by packing any one of these 11 hassle free camp snacks that will provide energy without all the processed sugars and grease. There are tons of no stress recipes that you can throw in your kids' backpacks for them to nibble on during the bus ride home that will keep them satisfied until dinner without spoiling their appetite. From salty to sweet, fruity to veggie, these are hassle free camp snacks that look great, taste great, and are great for your busy kids that need to stay filled and fueled for all of those summer activities in the sun.
1. Homemade Applesauce- Homemade food is always better than store bought. Not only because it's made with love but also because as the chef, you control the ingredients making it easy to avoid unnecessary sugars. Make a big batch to prepare for the week to help get that fresh produce into your family's diet.
2. Monkeytastic Banana Crackers- Talk about no hassle camp snacks, these fruity chips are done in less than 10 minutes. Each one of the monkeys you send off to camp will love crunching on these chip-like munchies. They won't even know they are getting potassium, among other nutrients.
3. Homemade Cheese Crackers- For the right amount of cheesy and the perfect level of crispity crunch, run this recipe by your little taste testers. You'll be amazed at what a simple homemade recipe this is with only 3 ingredients that bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Imitation Doritos- No need to get the big bag of chips, you can do it yourself with a food processor. Trick the kids' taste buds with this copycat recipe idea made of mostly sunflower seeds. The only thing your camper will be missing is the fancy bag chips come in.
5. Whole Grain Energy Bites (pictured)- On those super hot days when your camper comes home wiped out, toss one of these healthy snacks made with whole grain their way. Each bite is perfectly sized for the right amount of chocolate, almonds and dried fruit, making these camp snacks the energy surge your little one needs to keep up with the fast pace of camp.
6. No Bake Coconut Bars- Who has time to bake when there are kids running around? This quick and easy recipe only makes 6 bars so you won't be have tons of leftovers to deal with. A great on the go snack, no worries about portion control. Everything you need is right in each bar.
7. Low-Calorie Carrot Cheese Balls- Squeeze 2 food groups in one tasty treat for your camper to munch on. They are fun to make and fun to eat without feeling overly full after the snack. Pack some healthy crackers with this veggie snack and your kids won't even know they're eating healthily.
8. Chocolate Covered Raisins- Covering anything in chocolate makes it a kid-friendly food. But raisins especially have antioxidants that will give your kids nutrition to keep them full and ready for action on the playground, soccer field or pool.
9. Homemade Gummy Worms- Kids love the gross out factor and these wiggly worms definitely have that. Not only is this a hassle free snack recipe, but it's also budget friendly. All you need is Jell-O and water to make these creepy crawlers. The best part is, they aren't processed so you can feel good about letting your kids snack on these.
10. No Bake Chocolate Sun Butter Cookies (pictured) - With a hint of chocolate flavor and nuttiness too, your camper will believe it's a cookie but what they don't know won't hurt them. These have tons of protein to give lots of energy in a tasty way. This cookie in disguise will be our little secret.
11. Healthy Pop Tarts- Sometimes getting your campers up and out in the morning can be a challenge, making a sit down breakfast even more difficult. This homemade pop tart recipe is a great way to let your kids pick what they want inside these pastry pockets. Make a batch ahead of time and on those hectic mornings, throw one in the backpack for the bus ride to camp without a sweat.
Which one of these is your favorite out of these 11 Hassle Free Camp Snacks? Leave a comment and share your tips and tricks that you use to keep you campers happy and healthy.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Fire up the blender to make these easy Not-Too-Sweet Banana Apple Muffins in about half an hour! Darrol Henry is four now… Continue reading: "Not-Too-Sweet Banana Apple Muffins"
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- The 14 Best Healthy Comfort Food Recipes Free eCookbook
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- 24 Healthy Dinner Recipes for Church Potlucks
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 22 All Natural Recipes For Your Family
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Shrimp With Tomatoes And Feta
- Thai Omelette (kai Jeow))
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Homemade Creole Seasoning
- Thai Chili Flakes
- 30 Minute Mexican Quinoa Skillet
- Cherry Chocolate Granola Smoothie Bowl
- Grilled Asian Skirt Steak
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook