Better Homes and Garden Diet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
On the Better Homes and Garden diet, you'll count calories and calculate your proper caloric intake, while using the extensive recipes and other resources of the magazine.
What it is: This diet, based on calorie counting, was created by Better Homes and Gardens and utilizes the magazine's collection of recipes, daily programs, exercise tips and more.
How it works: As a member on the website, you will use specific calculations to determine your proper caloric intake and portions from each of the food groups, according to the old USDA food guide.
What you do: You create daily menus and shopping lists at the Better Homes and Garden website based on your calculations. You keep track of your weight and count calories as you go. The website also features many exercise tips to keep you active during the diet.
Benefits: Membership is free on the website and you have many opportunities to cook. Practicing this diet starts to give you a good idea of how different foods related to calories and how many calories you should be getting each day.
Downside: If you don't enjoy math, all these daily calculations might be overly laborious. The USDA has also updated its food guide since the creation of this diet.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- How To Use Your Recipe Box on FaveHealthyRecipes
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 10 Amish Recipes for Your Family Dinners
- 19 Slimmed Down Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 36 Easy Healthy Weeknight Dinners for Warm Weather
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Bey's Soup: Traditional Version
- Cranberry Apple Smoothie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal
- Homemade Applesauce
- Easy Fruit Tacos
- Best Strawberry Lemonade Ever
- Gingelly Oil Chicken
- Dolmas: Stuffed Vegetables
- Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms Recipe (vegan & Paleo)
- Chicken & Vegetables In Brown Sauce
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook