Miniature Christmas Mince Tarts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Mince pies are the cornerstone of Irish holiday baking. They are what hot cross buns are to Easter. They are always the first smattering of Christmas spirit to hit the bakeries and markets across this fair country and the last to leave. When you see the mince pies, you know that elaborate Christmas cakes are not far behind."
Cooking Time20 min
- 225 grams Plain flour
- 175 grams butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon icing surag, sieved
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 pound mincemeat, recipe on blog
In a large bowl, cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter. Add the icing sugar and salt. Gradually add in the beaten egg to bind, then use your hands to bring the pastry together into a ball. It should not be wet or sticky. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour or if possible overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll out the pastry until about 1/8 inch thick. Stamp into rounds 3 inches in diameter and line shallow bun tins with the discs. Put a good teaspoonful of mincemeat into each tin, dampen the edges with water and put another round on top. Brush with egg wash and decorate with pastry leaves or stars.
Bake the pies in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly, then dredge with icing or caster sugar. Serve with Irish whiskey cream or brandy butter.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Every home cook needs an easy chicken recipe up their sleeves! Requiring only a handful of ingredients, this recipe is so tasty and is… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chocolate Lemon Tart
- Delicious Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Roll Ups
- Thai Drunken Noodles
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salmon With Dill Sauce
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- 4 Ingredient Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook