Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cooking can be really difficult, especially if you're just starting out. To help you learn how to be a better cook, we've compiled our best collections of easy cooking recipes and cooking tips for beginners. Everything from dump-and-go recipes to information about your kitchen knives, you are soon going to be more comfortable in your own kitchen. You're going to know how to cook quinoa which you've been hearing a lot about and how to marinate everything in your fridge. For extra help, we have a collection of easy recipes from our test kitchen that we've tried for you.
There's no doubt about it that cooking meals at home is better for your health (and your wallet), but cooking can be complicated. In this collection of beginner healthy recipes, you can eat something delicious without a complicated cooking process.
Quinoa is a trendy food and for good reason: it's a super-food that is high in protein and fiber. It's a lot easier to make than you think and there are so many easy quinoa recipes that you can make at home.
You've heard about super foods, but do you know what they are? Foods like salmon, quinoa, and blueberries are super foods because they're packed with things your body needs like omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein.
Attempting to cook for yourself can be a challenge, so we've collected some of our easiest dinner recipes that you can try tonight. All of these easy healthy recipes for beginners will set you on the right track to hone your cooking skills.
Your knives are your most important tools in your kitchen. It's important to know the difference between your serrated bread knife and a paring knife so you can stay safe in the kitchen and cook more easily using the correct tools.
Chicken is a culinary staple in most households, because it's tasty and easy to make for dinner. Grilling is one of the fastest ways to cook your chicken, and with these helpful tips, you will know exactly how long you need to grill it for.
Marinated food just tastes better, but you can always accidentally over-marinate something so it's best to be careful. You can marinate everything from your steak to your seafood to your vegetables, so find out just how long you should marinate your food so you don't over-marinate!
There are so many ways to make vegetables even more delicious from steaming to grilling. Find out all of the different ways to cook your vegetables and how long it'll take in this helpful article!
Portion sizes are huge these days, especially in the United States. Bigger meals have become the norm and people are no longer aware of how much they should be eating. This is a helpful guide to how much should be on your plate.
Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to make big, dramatic changes to your diet. There are a lot of little ways you can change recipes to make them a little bit healthier. With these ingredient substitutions, you are well on your way to having a healthier lifestyle and diet.
One of the first steps to eating healthier is understanding what is in your food. A nutrition label will help you know the proper serving size, the number of calories, trans fats, proteins, and sugars are in the food. With this knowledge, you'll be able to monitor what you're putting in your body, which is the first step to living a healthy lifestyle.
We try a lot of recipes in our test kitchen so that you don't have to. If you're just starting to learn how to cook for yourself, start with some of these tried and true recipes. There are plenty of beginner healthy recipes to choose from and since we've tried them, we know they're delicious!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Easy Way to Peel Roasted Peppers
- How to Make Zoodles + Zoodle Recipes
- Italian Seasoning Mix
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How To Cook Eggs Correctly
- How To Roast Garlic Cloves
- Fun Ideas for Healthy Kids' Lunches
- Easy Steps for Freezing Whole Tomatoes
- Cooking Tips for Managing Arthritis Pain
- How to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: 6 Healthy Recipes You Need To Know
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Cheese At Home – Homemade Ricotta Cheese Recipe
- Easy Salmon Patties Recipe 2-ways (keto | Gluten-free | Paleo | Whole30)
- Keto Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- White Chicken Chili
- Hearty Smoked Beef Soup
- Mint Cordial
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- Balsamic Beet Hummus
- Baked Cannelloni With Spinach
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook