How To Cook Eggs Correctly
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether for a delicious classic breakfast or for just a quick dinner, eggs are a staple food item. Eggs are some of the most versatile ingredients around, from being the star of a dish to being the ingredient that holds everything together. Plus, eggs are a great source of protein and other nutrients. But when it comes to properly preparing this wonder food, a misstep can turn a quick recipe into a food disaster. Never eat bad eggs again - learn how to cook eggs correctly.
How To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs
A hard-boiled egg is one of the simplest ways to make an egg, but it's easy to crack the egg or to boil all the water away before the egg is done cooking. To prevent these scenarios, first place the eggs in a pot with walls at least twice as tall as the egg. Then, fill up the pot with cold tap and place, uncovered, on a stove top turned to high. Once the water boils, wait about 12 minutes before removing. After the 12 minutes, run the eggs under cold water or cool in the refrigerator until ready. For easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs, choose eggs at least a week old. For a filling, protein-dense snack, hard boiled eggs cannot be beat.
How To Cook Poached Eggs
Poaching is a great cooking technique because it preserves the flavor of the egg without adding extra fat and calories to the equation. First, fill up a skillet with water and cover until it's boiling. Add a tablespoon of white vinegar and a pinch of salt to the water, then slowly pour the eggs into the boiling water and cover. The vinegar helps the egg to keep its shape during poaching. After about three minutes, simply remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and enjoy.
How To Cook Over Easy Eggs
An over-easy egg is a breakfast staple, but too often it can end up too runny or too rubbery. To avoid the extremes, first start out with a wide pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is sufficiently hot, spray with a good amount of cooking spray, about a tablespoon's worth, to avoid sticking. Crack the egg firmly over a flat surface, and then slow drop the yolk and whites into the pan. The egg is done once the whites are completely white, but the yolks are not completely cooked through. For the over easy part, stick a wide spatula underneath the egg while turning the pan over the plate. Slowly ease
the egg out until it falls on the plate.
How To Microwave Eggs
Yes, you can actually microwave eggs. The key to microwaving an egg is to give the steam a place to escape, as microwave ovens cook food by warming up the water inside the food item. Never microwave an egg in its shell, and make sure to gently poke the yolk when microwaving an egg. Crack an egg into a microwave-safe container and gently poke the yolk. Stick the egg in a microwave at about 50 percent power until done. Every one egg will need about 30 to 45 seconds of cooking time.
For more handy kitchen tips, check out our free eBook, The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Italian Seasoning Mix
- How to Make Low Calorie Rhubarb Recipes
- How to Cook Dried Beans in a Slow Cooker
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- New Ways to Cook Chicken Breasts
- Healthy Cooking and Baking Substitutions
- Spice Guide: How to Season Meat
- How To Make Sticky Rice (stovetop Method)
- How to Cook with Whole Grains
- How To Dry Sage Leaves. 4 Different Options
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Strawberry Fruit Leather Recipe
- Whipped Butter Recipe
- Warm Olives Appetizer
- Whole Wheat Savory Zucchini Bread
- Easy Green Smoothie With Spinach And Fruit
- Grilled Pork Chops With Rhubarb Orange Sauce
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Wiliams Sonoma Mulling Spices. A Copycat Recipe
- Whole Smoked Turkey Recipe
- Butterfly Pea Tea
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook