This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
French Style Roasted Leek And Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Roasted Leek and Potato Soup is a classic French soup that is sure to heat up any cold day. This recipe makes a super flavorful and creamy leek and potato soup! And before you get nervous, I know French cooking gets a reputation of being difficult and intensive, but this recipe is super simple! All you really need to do is cook down your potatoes and leeks with some amazing flavors and blend them all up and stir in some cream. You’ll be left with the most smooth, rich and creamy leek and potato soup that just absolutely warms your soul."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 Large leeks
- 3 Large potatoes
- 1 Yellow onion
- 4 1/2 cups Vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Light cream
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 Cayenne, optional
- Bacon, for topping
- Cheese, for topping
The first thing you’ll want to do is prepare all your vegetables so they are ready and set them aside. Start by washing your leeks and removing the roots and dark green parts.
Wash, peel, and chop the potato into 1-inch pieces.
Dice your onion, mince your garlic, and gently chop your chives.
Next, place a large stockpot over medium heat and add the butter.
Once the butter is melted, add in the onion, garlic, and leeks and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
Add in the salt, pepper, potatoes, and cayenne pepper and stir together until combined.
Cover the pot with a lid and let cook for 5 minutes so the potatoes can begin to soften.
Add in the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat to a low simmer for 10 minutes.
Using an immersion blender or a standard blender, blend the cooked soup mixture until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot if you use a blender.
Place the soup over low heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Cook for 3 minutes until the cream is incorporated and the soup is smooth.
Top with chives, cheese, or bacon. Enjoy!
Read NextStuffed Pepper Soup
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Toasted Coconut
- Dill Pickle Hummus
- Cornbread Salad
- The Best Jumbo Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins- Easy
- Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt
- Chicken Milanese
- How To Make The Best Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- Pineapple Green Smoothie (high Protein)
- Roasted Onions
- Weight Watchers Sloppy Joe Recipe (Easy!)
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook