Multiple Melon Soup
With the powers of honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon combined, this recipe for Multiple Melon Soup with quell your hunger and quench your thirst at the same time. This is truly one of the best watermelon recipes around
This soup makes an exotic dessert if topped with a scoop of Orange-Ginger Sorbet instead of the shrimp and herbs, or freeze it in a large shallow pan and scrape frozen soup into bowls for a refreshing granita.
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled seeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds watermelon, peeled seeded and diced (about 1/4 small)
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 18 large shrimp, chilled, poached peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce, for serving
- Combine the melons and pickled ginger in a food processor or blender and process until liquefied, about 1 minute (depending on the size of your food processor you may need to puree the melon in batches).
- Pour the puree into a nonreactive bowl and stir in the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, divide the soup among 6 icy-cold bowls or plates. Top each serving with 3 shrimp, a sprinkle of the herbs, and a splash of fish sauce.
Read NextCreamy Cauliflower Horseradish Soup