Baked Macaroni and Cheese Balls
Next time you're in need of an easy appetizer recipe, give these bite-sized treats a try.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love cheese sticks and cheese balls in restaurants, then you'll love these Baked Macaroni and Cheese Balls. Take your everyday macaroni and cheese recipe, and turn it into this great appetizer recipe. Because these cheese balls are baked, not fried, you won't feel guilty for making this easy appetizer recipe. Don't skip the step of using well-chilled mac 'n cheese prior to baking them because you want the cheese to melt in your mouth, not all over the baking sheet.
These crispy and crunchy, yet soft and gooey, baked mac and cheese balls are well worth the wait. You'll find this appetizer will be the perfect addition to your game day spread. After all, who can resist a freshly-made batch of mac and cheese? So, you should make them for your friends and family as soon as possible. You'll be surprised by how quickly they disappear!
Makes20 Cheese Balls
Cooking Time20 min
OccasionBirthday, Buffet, Buffet Meal, Card Night, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get Together, Game Day, Sports Party, Tailgate Party
Recipe CourseAppetizer, Hot Appetizer, Snack
- 1 (6-ounce) package of mac and cheese, plus ingredients called for on the package
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, pepper flakes, or your favorite seasoned dry herb mix (see Notes below)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
If you like this comfort food recipe, then you'll love this eCookbook of 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
Make the mac and cheese per directions on the box, adding teaspoon cayenne pepper to the mix. Remove from the cooking pan and store in a 1 quart storage container in the refrigerator at least 8 hours to become very firm. It must be very well chilled before continuing.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and rub with at least 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Save the rest of the oil for later.
Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dry herbs into a shallow bowl. Place flour into another bowl and the beaten eggs into a third bowl.
Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop balls of the mac and cheese. One by one, form the balls in your hands which have been rubbed with the remaining oil. Drop each ball into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, rolling the ball in your oiled hands. Then, place the cheese balls an inch apart on the prepared baking pan. Continue until all of the mac and cheese is used. You should have about 20 small balls.
Bake for 10 minutes, check, and continue baking 7 to 10 minutes more or until balls are lightly browned. Be sure they do not burn on the bottom.
Serve immediately as-is or with a dip of your choice.
We used a Mexican spice blend while making the balls and then served this snack with a jar of salsa. You could also use an Italian spice blend and dip them in warm pizza sauce. As a third option, you could simply use your favorite prepared condiment. These Baked Macaroni and Cheese Balls will be amazing no matter which option you choose!
More Healthy Appetizer Ideas
It is a universal truth that you can never have too many healthy appetizer recipes at your fingertips! If you want to make your next game day party or get-together with friends just a little bit healthier, then you'll want to include some healthy appetizer recipes on the menu. In addition to the baked mac and cheese balls, you can get cooking with the following appetizer recipes. They're sure to be a hit with family and friends!
1. Goat Cheese Balls Appetizers
2. Macaroni and Cheese Baked Cheese Balls
3. Cheese and Sausage Balls
4. Family-Favorite Turkey Meatballs
5. Healthy Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
This Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Casserole is one of the best meals around because it's healthy, delicious, and easy to make. This is a… Continue reading: "Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Casserole"
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese Balls
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Simple Red Cabbage Soup
- Buffalo Wing Popcorn
- Fresh Homemade Lollipops
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 18 Healthy Snack Recipes
- Homemade Gummy Worms
- Chicken Crackers
- 3-Ingredient Sliced Apple "Donuts"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Chickpea Patties (chana Tikki)
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Asian Green Beans
- Cheesy Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Hot Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
- Easy Mangalore Fish Curry With Coconut Milk
- Air Fryer Tacos
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- How To Cook A Turkey
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook