Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Pasta with lemon and any green veg, here asparagus. Only three things to remember! First: cook your veg together with the pasta, adjusting the cooking time according to the type of veg and desired cookedness. Asparagus cooks in no time at all so add it only for the last two or three minutes. Swap asparagus for broccoli, peas, sliced beans, cauliflower, green cabbage and whatever else you deem fit to be tossed with pasta, butter and Parmesan. Second: melting lemon. I discovered that lemon pieces thrown into hot butter will go WHOOSH!!! then melt beautifully and create devastatingly lovely sauce, very intense so sometimes half a lemon will do. The lemon needs to be rindless, pithless and segmented unless you’d rather spit out bits later. Third: that reserved cooking water from under the pasta is not a myth, it actually does make up nice sauce. You need to drain the pasta et al into a colander here, rather than fish it out with slotted spoon as I sometimes do, but make sure the first glug is decanted into a cup not the sink. It then goes into the butter-lemon-Parmesan concoction and hey presto! sauce."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time10 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
No one makes homemade chicken noodle soup as well as your mother or grandmother. But, you'll find that this Old-Fashioned Chicken… Continue reading: "Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup"
- Dump and Bake Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Comforting Southern Mac and Cheese
- Weeknight Pesto Zoodles
- Skinny Zucchini Pasta
- Simple Lemon Zucchini Noodles
- Sausage and Asparagus Pasta
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Prosciutto, Asparagus and Parmesan Spaghetti
- Zoodles Cacio e Pepe
- 5-Ingredient Pasta Pomodoro Sauce
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara Casserole
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Butternut Squash And Carrot Soup
- Lavender Lemon Pisco Sour Cocktail
- Classic Red Sauce Pasta
- How To Can Mushrooms
- Quince Jelly
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook