16 Healthy Vegetarian Soups and Stews
Sometimes there's nothing better than a big bowl of soup. Make a big batch of one of these healthy soup recipes and freeze it for when you really need it.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Vegetarian soups and stews are a great way to use fresh produce and create low-calorie meals. Soups and stews freeze well, meaning you can make large batches ahead of time to simple reheat later. In this collection of healthy, vegetarian soups and stews, you will learn how to make the perfect cabbage soup diet recipe, tomato soup from scratch, and healthy vegetable soup recipes.
These easy soup recipes are also very inexpensive, not only because they do not use meat, but also because they stretch these ingredients with broth. Consuming broth-based soups with high-fiber ingredients like black beans help you stay hydrated and fill up with fewer calories. Save more money by purchasing dry lentils, beans, and other ingredients in bulk and cooking yourself a big batch of soup and saving the leftovers for the future.
Table of Contents
Make Vegetarian Soups and Stews Even Healthier
With good recipes and these tips, you are sure to stay on your vegetarian weight loss goals no matter what you encounter.
1. Replace butter (a saturated fat) with a small-amount of olive or sunflower oil (unsaturdated).
2. Replace cream with fat-free plain yogurt or evaporated skim milk. You can also use pureed potato to thicken soups instead of cream.
3. Replace one egg in a soup recipe with two egg whites or 1/4 cups low-cholesterol egg replacement.
4. Replace sour cream with this recipe: mix together 1/2 cups cottage cheese with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
5. Garnish soup with fresh chopped herbs instead of cheese or use a small amount of skim milk cheese.
Cabbage Soup Recipes
Make cabbage soup with one of these healthy, yet tasty cabbage soup recipes and you'll understand the hype. You can make big batches of your favorite and save it for later when you're craving healthy cabbage soup.
Make Thanksgiving a little healthier these year with these 14 Fantastic Thanksgiving Soup and Salad Recipes
Tomato Soup Recipes
Make tomato soup from scratch with one of these healthy soup recipes. There's almost nothing better that hot bowl of tomato soup and a crusty bread to dip in the soup.
Take the guesswork out of meal planning and try out our 7 Day Meal Plan for a Low Calorie Diet
Vegetable Soup Recipes
When you get the sniffles, the only thing that can make you feel better is a big bowl of vegetable soup. All of these healthy soup recipes are the perfect thing to make you feel better. We suggest that you add a bunch of garlic and it'll help cure what ails you.
Looking for easier ways to eat healthy? Check out our helpful article on How Do You Make a Smoothie? + 10 Easy Smoothie Recipes
What's your favorite soup recipe?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
It's hard to imagine a recipe as delicious as this Extra-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. You'll fall head-over-heels in love with… Continue reading: "Extra-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mini Sweet Potato Pie
- Farmhouse Chicken And Rice Soup
- Cabbage And Tomato Salad
- Breakfast Casserole Recipe With Sweet Potatoes And Beef
- Homemade Sugar-free Chai Latte
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Glazed Bacon Wrapped Venison
- Garlic Bread
- Potato Egg Casserole
- Red Pepper Jelly
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook