Warm Fall Spiced Baked Banana
If you're in the mood for a sweet treat that has all of taste of a classic baked dessert, but without a lot of effort, then you will love this recipe for Warm Fall Spiced Baked Banana from Kait Capone of the blog Kait's Inside Dish. Kait says, "This is a great individual size dessert perfect for serving at a holiday meal with a side of vanilla ice cream!"
This recipe comes courtesy of Kait Capone, who writes the blog Kait's Inside Dish (http://kaitsinsidedish.blogspot.com)
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl add in maple syrup. Add in brown sugar and thoroughly mix together the maple syrup and brown sugar until you have a smooth consistency. Add in the nutmeg, cinnamon, and the vanilla. Using a spoon thoroughly mix together all ingredients until you have a smooth consistency and all ingredients are well blended, taste the mixture to make sure that it’s sweet and has a spicy taste without being too overwhelming.
- Using a knife make a slit going from the top of the banana all the way to the bottom (make sure your cut goes through the banana but not all the way through the back peel of the banana). Make a slight cut going lengthwise at the top of the banana by the stem.
- Gently pulling back the banana peel use your spoon to pour the mixture into the slit of the banana and on the sides of the banana. Place attached peel back over banana and cover with foil.
- Let bake for 15 minutes or until banana is soft and warm and outside layer is blackened.
Read NextHealthy Apple Crumble