How to Make Simple Moist Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the nicest things about a banana bread recipe is that it is typically something simple to make. Everyone loves a good banana bread recipe, and we can help you learn how to make a simple moist banana bread.
For starters, one of the keys to a good banana bread recipe is the bananas themselves. Many people think that to make a proper banana bread recipe, you have to have nearly-green bananas. On the contrary, the bananas you want to use for almost any banana bread recipe should be close to overripe. The longer they ripen, the sweeter bananas become.
If your bananas on the counter are getting a little riper than you would like them for eating out-of-hand, they are probably just right for baking a banana bread recipe. If you aren't planning on whipping up a moist banana bread recipe, it's fine to store the bananas in the freezer. Just let them thaw to room temperature before you begin baking.
Once you've got your ripe bananas, it's time for some wonderful banana bread recipes. One easy choice for a simple moist banana bread is this Easy Banana Bread in a Bread Machine. Bread machine recipes are nice and easy — you pretty much plop in your ingredients, press a button, and come back to delicious bread a while later. This banana bread recipe for bread machine is no exception — it's easy, moist, and delicious! Use applesauce in place of butter to reduce the fat content...either way, it tastes great!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter or applesauce
- 1 ounce skim milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/3 cups bread flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Put the eggs, butter or applesauce, milk, and bananas in the bread pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts and then add to the pan.
- Set bread machine to manufacturer's quick bread setting.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan after mixing five minutes to eliminate flour pockets.
If you're looking for something a bit more unusual in your moist banana bread recipe repertoire, you've simply got to try this Apricot-Walnut Banana Bread recipe. Many banana bread recipes include nuts, and we all know that walnuts are chock-full of good health benefits. This tasty banana bread recipe includes apricots as well, for an extra burst of flavor and moistness. Nice for dessert, snacking, or breakfast. It's really good it you toast the slices and spread on a little butter or butter substitute.
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 2/3 cup butter or applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup very ripe banana pulp
- 1/2 cup apricot butter (or jam)
- 1 3/4 cups white flour
- 2 1/4 baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Best to have all ingredients at room temperature. Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, lemon zest, banana and apricot butter. Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Fold flour mixture gradually into the wet ingredients. Mix in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a bread pan, and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
If you've got a favorite healthy banana bread recipe, please submit it to FaveHealthyRecipes.com, and we'll be happy to publish it on our site and give you full credit.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"A simple, nourishing, and flavorful side dish is ready in just minutes! This skillet of Fried Cabbage with Apples and Onions makes… Continue reading: "Fried Cabbage with Apples and Onion"
- How to Make Zoodles + Zoodle Recipes
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- Herbs for Health: The 10 Best Herbs for Healthy Cooking
- How to Peel and Cut Butternut Squash
- How to Cook with Whole Grains
- Low Carb Baking Substitutions
- How to Sun Dry Tomatoes
- How to Replace Eggs with Fruit in Baking
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Easy Thai-Style Omelet
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Dump-and-Bake Pesto Chicken
- Epare Vegetable Spiralizer
- Lebanese Cauliflower Stew
- Healthy Trail Mix Recipe
- Thai Shrimp and Glass Noodles | Goong Ob Woonsen
- Instant Pot Coconut Sticky Rice
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook