Our Top 6 Unbelievably Healthy Breakfast Recipes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Not everyone loves eggs, but it's hard to come up with another healthy and easy breakfast. Pancakes and waffles often get a bad rap, so we're here to defend them! We want to share Our Top 6 Unbelievably Healthy Breakfast Recipes with you. We'll even let you in on a little secret: the 5 B's. These are our 5 fave ingredients you can throw in any breakfast to give it a healthy twist. So get our that old pancake griddle and start flipping!
- Traditional Buckwheat Pancakes: Some people immediately opt for the buttermilk pancakes in restaurants, but buckwheat can be delicious too! Especially when you'll probably end up with leftovers, you want to make something healthy for breakfast. These are going to be thicker and nuttier than the usual pancakes. Make the batter ahead of time and cook during the week, or whip up a batch for Sunday brunch.
- Great Gingersnap Granola: Granola can be expensive or really fattening. Good fats in the morning are okay to eat, but you can keep it low-fat by making your own granola. This granola is sweetened without any refined sugars and you will love it! Toss in some dried cherries or sliced almonds for some extra crunch.
- Banana Whole-Grain French Toast: This recipe doesn't even call for any butter or sugar! This french toast is a healthy take on a breakfast classic. Top with powdered sugar and slice in half for an incredible meal.
- Whole-Wheat Apple Date Muffins: Muffins can be dangerous. If you aren't careful, you could end up consuming an oversized snack of 500 calories in a simple muffin. These whole-wheat muffins are full of goodness and have just about NO fat.They're great as a breakfast on the go, to throw on the table for a formal brunch or to pack as a nutritious snack during the day.
- Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes: Here's a little secret that not many people know-- buttermilk is healthy! It isn't really buttery, and it's actually made from skim milk. This is not your average pancake recipe, but we know it will become a staple in your kitchen! The applesauce helps naturally sweeten the pancakes while the olive oil gives them a richer flavor. Toss in your favorite fruit to the batter and you have a complete meal!
- Oatmeal and Banana Waffles: Many of you probably shy away from making waffles, but if you have a waffle iron it is extremely simple. Belgian waffles are a thing of the past--you can do better than that! Mix oatmeal and banana into the batter for creamy and fruity waffles that you will devour. Add a fruit compote onto or just some fresh berries to finish it off.
The 5 B's: Must-Have Healthy Breakfast Ingredients
This fruit seed (I know, we were surprised too!) is both energizing and nutritious. It can help lower both your cholesterol and blood pressure while providing incredible antioxidant power. Buckwheat has the power to prevent heart failure and certian types of cancer. Use it in breakfast breads, pancakes and more!
Ok, we know this one is obvious, but we had to say it again. Blueberries are one of the fruits with the most antioxidants. They slow down aging, improve cardiovascular health and protect your brain. Not to mention they taste amazing. Throw blueberries into your next batch of pancakes, muffins, coffee cakes, waffles and more. They make a simple cereal topper or side-dish for any breakfast.
You're suprised to see this one on our list, aren't you? Nowadays, buttermilk is made from skim or low-fat milk, and like yogurt it is full of active cultures. These cultures can help stimulate your immune system and even allow those who are lactose intolerant to use buttermilk. In fact, if you use it in you blueberry muffins, it will help keep the fruit color vibrant. It is rich, creamy and full of health benefits.
This is one fruit that never gets enough credit. Everyone knows how much potassium these hold, but what about their benefits for your bones and kidneys? How they can improve your mood and your nerves? And don't forget about their ability to sooth your stomach and relieve stress. Oh...you didn't know that? Well slice up some bananas and throw them into your next breakfast. No need to fear if they're going bad. Just throw them in the freezer and use for your next banana bread or breakfast muffins.
Bran is the outer layer of oats, and it contains tons of fiber. It has natural antibacterial fighting properties and reduces cholesterol. Also, since it absorbs so much water, bran can help you feel fuller and, as a result, eat less. Eating too much bran can take a toll on your stomach, so be sure to consume it with whole grains. Use it in muffins or try a bran cereal.
For even more healthy breakfast recipes to add to your easy breakfast menus, be sure to check out The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus Free eCookbook
Read NextPaleo Lemon-Raspberry Muffins
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Paleo Lemon-Raspberry Muffins
- 21 Healthy Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Make-Ahead Amish Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Fruit Pizza with Fresh Coconut Whip
- 20+ Easy Homemade Granola Recipes
- Healthy Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Carrot Apple Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Breakfast Compote
- Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles
- Beautiful Beet Dyed Deviled Eggs
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Sautéed Zucchini
- Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
- 7 Ingredient Kerala Fish Curry With Coconut
- Fruit Berry Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- Air Fryer Keto Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- One Skillet Pepper Steak
- Christmas Punch Recipe Non-alcoholic
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook