This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Risi e Bisi - Italian Rice & Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Risi e Bisi is a creamy, almost velvety, rice dish, not unlike risotto, packed full of delicious spring peas. Risi e Bisi (pronounced, ree-zee eh bee-zee) is a traditional and very simple Venetian dish made from rice and peas. It’s kind of a cross between risotto and a soup – almost stew-like, if you will. Some Venetians like theirs to err on the side of soup, while others, myself included, prefer it to be a little more solid. Although, if I’m poorly, I prefer it to be more soupy. Go figure! Unlike risotto, however, risi e bisi does not need you to be slaving over a hot stove for 45 minutes. OK, I know it’s not exactly a hardship to make risotto, and actually, to be perfectly honest, I rather like making it – it forces me to stand still for more than five minutes… and I find it almost meditative."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time50 min
Read NextCreamy Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Freeze Dried Raspberries
- Amazing Marinade For Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Chickpea Curry
- Buffalo White Bean Dip
- Greek Salad With Shrimp
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- French Style Roasted Leek And Potato Soup
- Healthy Applesauce Muffins
- Easy Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook