Vegetable Pad Thai
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From the blogger: "This Vegetable Pad Thai is full of flavor, easily customized with your favorite veggies, and ready for the dinner table in about 30 minutes! You can adjust the spiciness to your liking of this recipe by adding jalapenos or Sriracha, too! This recipe calls for rice noodles. You can choose brown or white. It’s all a personal preference. The brown typically offers more protein and fiber. I didn’t include bean sprouts, but they are often included. My family isn’t overly fond of them, but personally, I love them! A typical Thai dish includes five flavors – salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and spicy. If they don’t include all five of these aspects, then it’s not considered satisfying. Rice is more commonly used and can be used interchangeably with the noodles."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 8 ounces box rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 large green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 large limes, cut into wedges
Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cool water and set aside.
While waiting for the water to boil for the rice noodles, add the sauce ingredients to a small skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir continually until the peanut butter is melted and the sauce is heated through, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add the sesame oil to a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the shallot, white part of the green onions, carrots, and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are crisp tender and develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet with a spatula. Add the whisked eggs to the other side. Cook, stirring and chopping frequently with the spatula, until the eggs are cooked through and broken into very small pieces, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add the prepared rice noodles, one-third cup chopped peanuts, and the warm sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
Transfer to individual serving dishes and top with the remaining roasted peanuts, green onion tops, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, on the side. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is a low carb recipe that's high in nutrition. This healthy breakfast casserole is way better… Continue reading: "Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Lemon Balsamic Chicken With Rosemary Sauce
- Salisbury Steak
- Skinny Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- Green Lentil With Sausage
- Pork Chops In Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Rich And Hearty Beef And Ale Stew
- Creamy Italian Meatball Soup
- Turmeric Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Easy Creamy Leek And Chicken Soup
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook