This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins With Streusel Topping
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"These pumpkin banana muffins with streusel topping are the perfect combination of banana bread and pumpkin bread! They are the perfect easy treat for fall that will have your family and friends drooling! You can probably guess how delicious these muffins are just by the name. Pumpkin Banana Muffins are as moist as your favorite banana bread recipe but packed with pumpkin flavor. Top it off with some sweet crumbly streusel topping and you’ve got the perfect muffin! "
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Pumpkin (not pie filing)
- 2/3 cup Mashed bananas, very ripe
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/8 cup Brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Butter, room temperature
To make your banana pumpkin muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375°
Prepare a 6-hole jumbo muffin pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Whisk the dry ingredients together to get rid of any lumps.
In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to mix together your brown sugar, eggs, buttermilk, bananas, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla extract.
Gradually add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Split the finished batter between the six muffin tins. They should each be about ¾ the way full.
Next, you can make your streusel! In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Cut the butter into the mixture with a fork until it’s coarsely mixed.
Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of each muffin.
Bake your muffins on the center rack of the oven for about 30 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, they’re all ready!
Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
Read NextTop 10 Healthy Mother's Day Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Courtesy of Kalyn's Kitchen comes a healthy casserole recipe that fits right in with your healthy lifestyle. The Deconstructed Stuffed… Continue reading: "Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Casserole"
- Top 10 Healthy Mother's Day Recipes
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Slow Cooked Holiday Ham
- 8 Recipes For Eating Healthy In The New Year
- Irish Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegetable Based Stuffing
- 18 Healthy Holiday Casserole Recipes
- The Ultimate Cheese Scones
- Brined Roasted Turkey Breast
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Crumble
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- The Best Homemade Chorizo Pizza
- Easy 2 Ingredient Naan (no Yeast)
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- The Ultimate Cheese Scones
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Easy One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Fiesta Chicken Soup
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook