Van's Frozen Waffles Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"There are some folks out there who are snobs and don’t like to eat frozen waffles. I, on the other hand, quite enjoy frozen waffles, and have had the recent pleasure of sampling Van’s Natural Foods’ Wheat and Gluten Free Waffles. These waffles could truly turn anyone into a frozen-waffle lover! They are made with whole grain (a must for any of us these days), and have just a hint of sweetness that comes from natural fruit juice. Perfect plain, popped straight out of the toaster or shmeared with your favorite spread, Van’s waffles are delicious any time of day. I love ‘em, my kids love ‘em, and we really need to keep more of them on hand – they go fast in our house!"
"I'm a creature of habit, and I insist on eating the same thing for breakfast almost every day. So when I received this box of waffles, it sat in my freezer for about a month before I abruptly ran out of the cereal I have eaten every single morning for the past 2.5 years. I decided it was a sign from the gods that it was time to try the waffles. Each morning for a week, I toasted one frozen whole-grain waffle and covered it in real maple syrup and a few pats of butter. With a banana and a cold glass of milk, it was a near perfect breakfast. The waffles seemed very hearty with a chewy, whole-grain texture, despite being only 90 calories. This left plenty of room for syrup and butter without making for a high-calorie breakfast. I almost never eat imitation syrup, and I would not suggest eating it with these waffles. The maple and the whole-grain compliment each other perfectly. Now that I'm done with the box of waffles and back to my comparatively lackluster cereal, I'm almost considering switching my standard breakfast to whole-grain waffles!"
"While I don’t follow a gluten-free diet, I’ll occasionally try different types of gluten-free products. The quality can definitely vary and I’ve noticed – like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead – when gluten-free products are good, they’re very, very good. But when they are bad, they’re horrid. So I always approach gluten-free foods with a grain of salt. But Van’s Wheat/Gluten Free Blueberry Waffles far exceeded my expectations! They were much heartier than your average frozen waffle and I love that they’re made with whole grain brown rice flour, which delivers the same taste and texture as traditional waffles. The fruit – dried blueberries and blackberries – tastes more natural than most sugary freezer breakfast foods, which means you can pop’em in the toaster without thinking twice about nutritional content. I smeared my waffles with peanut butter for a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast on-the-go but you can just as easily top with maple syrup or powdered sugar. You’d never know these waffles are gluten-free, they taste that good!"
"Van’s 8 Whole Grains waffles are so delicious, you’d never know they were healthy! They’re packed with fiber, made with whole wheat, brown rice, rye, quinoa and more. And, they have very little sugar. Whether you’re watching your weight, sugar intake or just want to heat a high-fiber, healthy diet, these waffles are perfect for a morning treat. Unlike some freezer waffles, these waffles are not soggy and have a homemade flavor!"
"These Van's Whole Wheat Waffles are unlike any whole wheat waffle I've had. They have so much crunch and tons of flavor! These thick waffles are really hearty and filling, and loaded with a mix of 8 good for you whole grains. You’d never know there’s brown rice, rye, quinoa and barley in these waffles, it’s amazing. I'd love to try more flavors of the Van's waffles, as I think I'm becoming a huge fan."
Read NextDelallo Pasta Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Delallo Pasta Review
- Enter to Win an Eat Cleaner Fruit and Vegetable Cleaning System!
- Win a Kuhn Rikon Strawberry and Avocado Knife Set!
- Win a HelloFresh Meal Kit Subscription Box!
- King Arthur Flour Review
- Dr. Praeger's Sensible Foods Review
- Win a Ronco Meat and Vegetable Dehydrator!
- Win a Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper!
- Chance to Win Skinny Pasta!
- Onion Crunch Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Arugula Salad
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins With Streusel Topping
- Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal
- The Best Florentine Quiche
- Kerala Chicken Curry With Coconut
- All About Pesto
- Red White Blue Cheese And Fruit Charcuterie Board
- How To Cook Frozen Hamburgers In The Oven
- The Best Air Fryer Tofu!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook