Sante Nuts Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Santé Nuts Review
Gifted by: Santé Specialty Foods
Reviewed by Carlie Dobkin, Editor of FaveHealthyRecipes.com
When I received a sample of Santé nuts for review, I was extremely excited because I'm always looking for a new healthy snack to eat. I love nuts because they're an easy, on-the-go snack. Plus, a small handful goes a long way. They're packed with protein and healthy fats to give me a boost when I'm feeling a midday crash coming along. Furthermore, just a few nuts have enough macronutrients to fuel an entire workout. I was thrilled to try the Santé brand because they offered tons of different and delicious of flavors ranging from sweet to savory.
Let me tell you, these are not your average nut. I'm talking premium, gourmet nuts spiced with all-natural ingredients. They are slow roasted in small batches in organic oils with a secret technique that minimizes the amount of oil the nuts absorb, leaving them very light, crisp, crunchy and lower in fat. They use the thinnest possible amount of sugar or spice, so that you'll taste the nut first and foremost. And wow, these babies had the perfect amount of flavor. I think Santé should patent their process because the nuts had just the right amount of seasonings - not too sweet, and not too salty.
When I tried a candied pecan, I wasn't overwhelmed by the sweetness. They were probably the best candied pecan I've ever tasted. Kissed by pure cane sugar, I found them simply irresistible. Pecans are my favorite and I have a huge sweet tooth, so I was obviously drawn to the candied pecans. However, I was equally pleased with the other nuts. The candied pistachios were divine. I've never seen pistachios this way and was delighted by this new twist on the classic nut. Another unusual, but tasty pairing was the garlic almonds variety. It was zesty with a hint of cayenne and black pepper to pack a savory punch. One coworker said that the garlic almonds are her new favorite snack. If you can't decide between sweet or savory, you can have both. The sweet & spicy pecans were lightly sugared and then sprinkled with cayenne, ancho, and paprika to give a slight bite at the end.
The best part about Santé nuts is the quality. I'm talking large pecan halves and full-sized almonds. You won't find any broken or crushed pieces inside the bag. These taste wonderfully light and fresh. There's definitely no artificial flavor or processed texture.
Besides snacking on them by hand, there are a variety of ways to eat these nuts. You can put the cinnamon pecans in your oatmeal for a delectable breakfast treat. You can toss candied pecans or walnuts into a green salad with dried cranberries, beets, and goat cheese. Or, you can even coat boneless chicken breasts with crushed garlic almonds for a unique, crunchy and nutty spin on basic chicken. You can also try pairing them with different wines, fruits, and cheese for a light appetizer. There really is an endless amount of possibilities when it comes to baking and cooking with nuts.
I was beyond impressed by these nuts from Santé Specialty Foods. They were delicious, buttery, aromatic, sweet, salty, spicy... I can go on and on about them. Santé nuts are terrific straight out of the bag as a nourishing snack, as a special ingredient in a favorite recipe, or as an appetizing complement for entertaining. To put it simply, these nuts are a must-try snack that everyone should have in their pantry.
Enter to win two (2) large bags of the candied pecans from January 12 - January 25, 2015.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Following a low-carb diet is crucial for anyone with diabetes, or for anyone trying to incorporate more protein and less sugar into… Continue reading: "Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole"
- Enter to Win the Morinaga Tofu Prize Pack!
- Van's Frozen Waffles Review
- Wholly Wholesome Pies Review
- Dr. Praeger's Sensible Foods Review
- Enter for a chance to win Leap Ready-to-Mix Tasty Smoothies!
- Enter to Win this Whimsical Tea Infuser Trio!
- Win a Bonjour Tea Kettle!
- Charles Viancin Silicone Lids Review
- Win a Bundle of Flapjacked Protein Pancake Mix!
- Chance to Win Skinny Pasta!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- The Best Easy Orange Drizzle Cake
- The Best Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- Ham And Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine
- Easy 30 Minute Sausage And Pepper Pasta
- Raspberry Fluff Jello Salad Recipe Copycat
- Easy 30 Minute Turkish Lentil Soup
- Easy And Saucy 30 Minute Pork Yuk Sung- Pork Mince
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook