Japanese Sushi Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Japanese sushi rice, while it sounds intimidating, is actually very easy to make in a home kitchen with little equipment. When I think of sushi, I generally think that the star of the show is the seafood. However, when people say sushi (zushi) in Japan, they are actually referring to the flavored rice. Believe it or not, the rice is actually a big star of the show when it comes to sushi. The history of traditional Japanese sushi rice comes from the way people used to preserve fish. They would use rice to help ferment fish and keep the fish edible for months at a time. At first, the rice was discarded and just the fish was eaten. Eventually, the Japanese picked up this concept and began to eat the fish and the rice together. A Japanese chef, Matsumoto Yoshiichi, began to use rice vinegar to season the rice, thus speeding up the fermentation process and allowing the sushi to be eaten immediately. And this is how the sushi we know today was born."
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time45 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Fruit And Yogurt Parfaits
- The Best Easy Orange Drizzle Cake
- The Best Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- Ham And Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine
- Easy 30 Minute Sausage And Pepper Pasta
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook