8 Great Healthy Breakfast Recipes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many of us don't eat a healthy breakfast, even though we know we should. Well, eating a healthy breakfast can be very easy, especially when you have a list of 8 great healthy breakfast recipes to choose from!
Remember — a simple cup of coffee may give you the caffeine jolt you're looking for, but not much else to help you get your day off to a nutritious start. Whether you like your breakfast food to be fruity, meaty, or vegetarian, there are lots of healthy options to choose from.
Table of Contents
Pineapple French Toast
This fun spin on french toast is a great brunch dish and is sure to please. Try mixing up this dish by changing out the pineapple for other fresh fruits like peaches, apples and mango.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- fat-free butter spray
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 teaspoon honey
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites with wire whisk until light and fluffy. Then beat in pineapple juice and cinnamon; mix completely.
- Spray butter on nonstick griddle until it sizzles. Dip 1 slice bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle and cook until browned on both sides. About 1 minute each side.
- Repeat until all bread is cooked. Top with pineapple ring and 1 teaspoon of honey.
According to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, the word "breakfast" dates back to the 15th century and has a primary definition of "the first meal of the day especially when taken in the morning." Most of us think of breakfast as exactly the sum of the word's parts — breaking the fast which has occured since one's last meal before retiring for the night. We wake up in the morning, having fasted during sleep.
The meal of breakfast itself has evolved over the centuries. During pioneer days, this morning meal was simple and relield heavily on corn meal. Early Americans would have hoecakes, johnnycakes, corn pone, and other similar fare. As Americans moved into the Victorian era, they typically had more money and were able to add to the simple pioneer breakfast. They could enjoy healthier breakfasts that included fruits, vegetables, dairy, and juices unavailable to their pioneer predecessors.
Many of us have come to associate oatmeal with the modern-day healthy breakfast. It is well-known for reducing cholesterol and for having lots of good-for-you nutrients, including fiber and whole grains. As you can see from our 8 great healthy breakfast recipes, oatmeal isn't the only way to get a healthy start to your day. Try one of our favorites:
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Muffin
- Chicken and Vegetable Frittata
- Italian Mixed Vegetable Frittata
- Vegetarian Breakfast Strata
- Poached Eggs with Red Wine Sauce
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Breakfast Compote
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is a low carb recipe that's high in nutrition. This healthy breakfast casserole is way better… Continue reading: "Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole"
- 21 Potluck Favorites
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- Cooking Cowboy Food: 25 Western Recipes Made Healthier
- 24 Healthy Dinner Recipes for Church Potlucks
- The Best Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- Going Crustless: 10 Easy Pie Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Simple Ways To Stop Food Cravings
- Cranberry-Orange Tofu
- How to Roast Chestnuts
- Oven Roasted Turnips
- Easy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes for Potato Lovers
- Omelet with Vegetables and Turmeric
- Potato Croquettes with Cheese
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Garlic and Rosemary
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook