8 Egg cellent Healthy Breakfast Egg Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eggs...they're not just for breakfast any more. While that may be true, a large number of us do like to have eggs for breakfast, whether we are up with the birds or sleep in a bit later; the problem is that it's sometimes hard to find healthy breakfast egg recipes. Well, the Editors at FaveHealthyRecipes have put together 8 “egg-cellent” healthy breakfast egg recipes, so try them out...and enjoy!
Table of Contents
These days, everyone's talking about getting more Omega-3s in their diets. Well, this recipe gives you a delicious, easy way to do just that! Omelettes are great for breakfast, but you can really ahve this one any time of day. With healthy salmon and no added fat, it's a surefire winner!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 105 gram canned pink salmon- drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon fat-free sour cream or fromage frais
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped tarragon
- salt and white pepper
- Drain the can of salmon and set aside. Beat the eggs, cream or fromage frais and tarragon. Season lightly.
- Spray an omelette pan with cooking spray. Pour in the eggs and cook over a moderate heat until the base is set.
- While the base is setting, preheat a moderate grill. Arrange the canned salmon over the soft top of the omelette.
- Place the pan under the grill until omelette is set. Loosen the omelette in the pan and carefully fold in half. Slide the omelette onto a serving plate.
There was a time when eggs received a bad rap, but further studies have shown that eggs can definitely be part of healthy breakfast recipes. Some facts about eggs may surprise you - they are not as high in calories, fat, or cholesterol as you may have believed.
- Calories in one large egg = 71
- Fat in one large egg = 5 grams
- Eggs are a good source of riboflavin, Vitamin B12 and phosphorus, as well as protein and selenium
This breakfast casserole has been a favorite for ages! Rather than using just whole eggs, we use egg whites for a portion, and the fat-free and low-fat cheese combination gives it a really rich flavor.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 55 min
- 1 pint fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 pound low-fat shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 10 large egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine melted butter and beaten eggs and egg whites together.
- Add cheeses and chiles and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9"x11" greased baking dish and bake at 400F degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F degrees and continue baking for 35-40 minutes.
- Which came first — the chicken or the egg? Depending how you interpret things, the Bible says it's the chicken: “And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. And God said, ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.’” — Genesis 1:10-20.
- Although it is customary to throw rice at weddings in many countries, eggs are used in French culture...not for throwing, though. French brides break an egg on the threshold of their new home before going in. It is said to bring good luck and healthy babies.
- There is no nutritional difference between white eggs and brown eggs; there is also no difference in taste.
- Hens of most breeds can produce an egg in 24-26 hours. Their bodies require 5 ounces of food and 10 ounces of water to do so.
- Saucy BBQ Omelet
- Healthy Zucchini Omelet
- Cauliflower and Egg Whites
- Light Scotch Eggs
- Eggs Benedict With Asparagus
- Delicious Baked Eggs Florentine
For even more healthy breakfast recipes to add to your easy breakfast menus, be sure to check out The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus Free eCookbook
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Following a low-carb diet is crucial for anyone with diabetes, or for anyone trying to incorporate more protein and less sugar into… Continue reading: "Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole"
- 8 Quick Bread Recipes + 4 Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
- 36 Easy Healthy Weeknight Dinners for Warm Weather
- Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- Stealth Health: 17 Recipes That Make Cooking Light Easy
- 10 Best Low Fat Recipes for Two
- Nana's Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 30 Backyard Barbecue Menu Ideas
- 19 Pumpkin Recipes You'll Fall In Love With
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- The Best Easy Orange Drizzle Cake
- The Best Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- Ham And Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Lamb Tagine
- Easy 30 Minute Sausage And Pepper Pasta
- Raspberry Fluff Jello Salad Recipe Copycat
- Easy 30 Minute Turkish Lentil Soup
- Easy And Saucy 30 Minute Pork Yuk Sung- Pork Mince
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook