How to Cook Dried Beans in a Slow Cooker
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Beans are a terrific source of fiber and lean protein, but too often canned beans are huge sources of hidden sodium. Dry beans are cheaper and can be healthier than the canned variety, but cooking dried beans on the stove top can be a time-intensive job. Instead, let this how-to tutorial from Kalyn's Kitchen teach you How to Cook Dried Beans in a Slow Cooker. Whether you decide to soak the dry beans beforehand or not will depend on the amount to time needed for cooking beans.
For more heart healthy recipes, cooking tips and information about Kalyn, be sure to check out her Featured Foodies profile page.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is a low carb recipe that's high in nutrition. This healthy breakfast casserole is way better… Continue reading: "Skinny Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole"
- Salmon en Papillote
- Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
- How to Plan a Soup Bar Party: 6 Tips for a Great Event
- How to Replace Eggs with Fruit in Baking
- Healthy Cooking and Baking Substitutions
- Easy Steps for Freezing Whole Tomatoes
- How to Grill Chicken: How Long Does It Take to Grill Chicken, Really?
- Easy Potluck Ideas and Tips You Can’t Live Without
- How To Prepare and Cook Garlic
- A Guide to Easy Fruit Salad Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Simple Ways To Stop Food Cravings
- Cranberry-Orange Tofu
- How to Roast Chestnuts
- Oven Roasted Turnips
- Easy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes for Potato Lovers
- Omelet with Vegetables and Turmeric
- Potato Croquettes with Cheese
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Garlic and Rosemary
- Vegan Meal Prep with Black Beans & Rice
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook