- see all comments
"Looks good but haven't tried it yet"
"What is the nutrition for this recipe?"
"The recipe won't pull up. I get and error page from a blogger named Kelly."
"5 ingredient cheesecake for 2"
This is the easiest healthy casserole recipe we have on our site. Anyone can make it and it's delicious.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
For one of the absolute easiest ways to cook eggplant, go with this recipe for Stupid Casserole. With only 5 main ingredients, this recipe can teach anyone how to prepare eggplant. Plus, with a flavored breadcrumb and gooey cheese, this recipe can get anyone (even the kids!) interested in eating healthy foods. We called this casserole "stupid" only because it's the easiest casserole we've ever made. It doesn't mean that the person making it is stupid — just that you don't have to be a specially trained chef in order to make this healthy casserole recipe.
This casserole recipe is perfect for beginners who are new to cooking. More experienced cooks will also love how easy it is to put this casserole together!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time30 min
Total Timeunder 1 hour
One Pot MealYes
OccasionBuffet, Buffet Meal, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get Together
Recipe CourseMain Course
Taste and TextureSavory
Type of DishCasserole
- 1 large eggplant, or 2 medium eggplants
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup skim milk, scalded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Are you looking for even more super easy recipes? We have you covered with these 45 Easy Cooking Recipes for Beginners
Cut eggplant in cubes and cook in boiling water for 20 minutes until soft.
Afterwards, drain and salt eggplant, and then put in baking dish.
Add breadcrumbs, milk, onion, and cheese, salt and pepper. Mix together.
Cook at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Find more tried-and-true dishes like this in our Test Kitchen Recipes collection!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Toby K Editor
Mar 28, 2017
More like stupid DELICIOUS casserole! I was sold at eggplant
Feb 10, 2017
Wow. This casserole recipe is ridiculously easy!
annehubbard 540414 6
Aug 12, 2015
I can't imagine anyone being offended at the word 'Stupid" in a recipe! This "politically correct" crap (oops, did I offend anyone?) has gone waaaaaaay beyond ridiculous. How 'bout this High IQ Casserole or Low Income Casserole? Who Cares? If you don't like the name, change it!!! Don't take every little thing so literally. I'm just looking for something to make for dinner, aren't you?
catlady6866 288727 4
Sep 21, 2014
The name of this casserole can be offensive to some folks. I (innocently) forwarded this recipe to a friend, and she assumed I was implying that she was 'too stupid' to make a more complicated dish.
Aug 12, 2014
I don't think the name "stupid" is funny at all. Call me an old dud if you want. That word is enormously hurtful to kids who are called that because they have intellectual impairments. Let's not encourage hurtful language - for the sake of the kids who hear it all too often.
Feb 22, 2013
I enjoy eggplant, but most receipes are involved. This looks great and easy. Will be trying this in the next day or two. Wonder what it would be like with a little marinara?
renegade159 455036 9
Aug 09, 2012
OMG....what a name!! I LOVE eggplant, and if they thought enough to call it stupid, I HAVE to try it. I will leave a comment, too!! hahahaha
Sep 10, 2010
Haha...What a funny name for this recipe. I laughed & never thought that 'stupid' would be added to a recipe...pretty cool tho. I love eggplant & will for sure try this recipe soon. I will comment on that recipe after I try it. Hope it's delicious!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Honey Whole Wheat Biscuits
Wish you could enjoy a traditionally fattening food in a sinless way? Whip up Honey Whole Wheat Biscuits. This recipe incorporates… Continue reading: "Honey Whole Wheat Biscuits"
- 5-Ingredient Amish-Style Ground Beef Casserole
- Sinless Funeral Potatoes
- Lighter Spaghetti Casserole
- Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Overnight Breakfast Strata
- 18 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- Hungry Lady Casserole
- Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Casserole
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- GET fast cooking tips
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Jeera Chicken With Yogurt
- Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Pasta Salad
- Chicken And Pasta Casserole With Vegetables
- Broccoli Waldorf Salad
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Parmesan Crusted Brussel Sprouts
- Buffalo Cauliflower Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook