10 Tips to Help Lose Weight
Losing weight isn't easy, so Sensei for Weight Loss wants to help you out with their 10 Tips to Help Lose Weight. These are great simple tips that will keep you on track and keep your goals in sight!
- Focus on being healthier and not just the number on the scale.
- Get the holiday goodies out of the house ASAP! Bring them to work, give them to friends… just don’t leave them around to tempt you.
- Be specific about your goal. Instead of just “losing weight”, choose a goal like reaching a certain dress size or doing a marathon.
- Set ‘reasonable’ short term goals that lead you to your overall goal. This keeps you motivated and focused and sets you up for success not frustration.
- Make small changes to your lifestyle and diet over time, rather than lots of changes all at once. Get comfortable with one change, then add another… it’s the slow and steady that gets you there!
- Write things down. Having plans and goals on paper gives you accountability. Schedule workouts on a calendar, plan ahead for meals and use shopping lists.
- Make exercise part of your daily routine. It’s the best way to help you lose weight and keep it off for good. Scheduling fitness like an appointment means you’re more likely to keep it.
- Get support! Find a friend to participate with you and provide support. Find a walking buddy, or a friend with similar goals. You can support each other through the tough spots and cheer each other’s successes.
- Cut yourself some slack. Don’t expect you’ll be perfect or let the slips get you discouraged in your journey to weight loss. If you slip, don’t wait until the next day or next week to get back on track. Start at your very next meal!
- Reward yourself. If you reach a goal, treat yourself with a non-food reward like a new dress or a day at the spa.