36 Sweet Potato Recipes to Fall in Love With
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing not to love about sweet potatoes. For one, the sweet orange goddess is one of the stars of the Thanksgiving feast. However, there is more to sweet potatoes than casseroles and pies, even though a sweet marshmallow and pecan casserole (shown left) is totally top-notch. Besides being ridiculously tasty, they are also quite healthy. One baked, medium-sized sweet potato contains 438% of your daily value of vitamin A (a white potato contains only 1%), 37% of your vitamin C, and some calcium, potassium, fiber, and iron too. All this at just over 100 calories!
With this collection of sweet potato recipes, you will find 36 delicious ways to eat sweet potatoes any time of the year. We've got side dishes, main meals, and desserts, so you can have your sweet potatoes any way you'd like.
36 Sweet Potato Recipes to Fall in Love With
Table of Contents
From soups to salads to casseroles, we've got you covered. These sweet potato recipes are so good, you won't believe they are just side dishes.
1. Skinny Maple Sweet Potato Casserole - Have a lighter holiday spread with this lovely casserole. It uses all natural ingredients so you can have a flavorful dish without loading up on unwanted calories.
2. Honey Glazed Apple Sweet Potato Casserole (shown below) - Instead of drowning your sweet potatoes in brown sugar and butter, this casserole relies on the juices from the baked apples for sweetness.
3. Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup - This soup is so luscious and creamy, plus it's made with only 3 ingredients!
4. Grilled Sweet Potato Salad - This savory salad is topped with feta cheese and green onions.
5. Kevin's Sweet Potato Casserole - For a lighter version of your traditional Thanksgiving casserole, check out this incredible recipe.
6. Sweet Potato Hummus - This is bound to become your go-to dip this fall.
7. Sweet Potato Wild Rice and Arugula Salad - This healthy salad recipe is refreshing, filling and delicious. The wild rice adds a nutty, chewy element to the salad, and it is a great contrast to the soft, comforting sweet potatoes.
8. Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Greens - Adding sweet potato to kale is the best way to sweeten up this green, leafy vegetable.
9. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes - Make sure you bake these babies until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
10. Sweet Potato Bread (shown below) - This low carb bread is super moist and soft.
11. No-Knead Sweet Potato Maple Bread - One of the quickest bread recipes you'll ever make!
12. Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters - These little fritters have a nice kick and a whole lot of flavor.
13. Bacon Sweet Potato Waffle Fries - Reinvent your classic French fries by adding candied bacon to them.
14. Fluff and Crunch Sweet Potato Casserole - This easy sweet potato recipe isn't just for the holidays. Filled with sweet, delicious sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and pecans, this recipe can win anyone over.
15. Super Sweet Potato Salad - This salad isn't green, but it is just as good for you- or maybe even better. This colorful salad is loaded with sweet potatoes, crunchy bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, and tart cranberries.
16. The Lightest Sweet Potato Casserole (shown at the top) - Made with no added sugar, this truly is The Lightest Sweet Potato Casserole. In this healthy casserole recipe, sweet potatoes, golden raisins, crushed pineapple and spices are topped with pecans and mini marshmallows, and then baked until golden.
These healthy dinner recipes feature sweet potatoes as one of the main ingredients.
1. Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese - Only six basic ingredients are required to make this wholesome and unique dish.
2. Southwestern Breakfast Hash - Eat this when you are in the mood for "brinner" aka breakfast for dinner.
3. Feel Good Quiche (shown below) - A sweet potato crust? Yep. It's scrumptiously light and surprisingly buttery.
4. Sweet Potato Curry Chili - Bursting with spice, this gluten free recipe is chock-full of veggies and totally delish.
5. White House Garden Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew - For a healthy and flavorful one pot meal option, this slow cooker chicken recipe for White House Garden Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew cannot be beat.
6. Surprise Sweet Potato Stew (shown below) - This healthy vegetarian recipe incorporates a Caribbean twist by combining sweet potatoes, beans, onions and some BBQ sauce.
7. Sweet Potato Gnocchi - Making gnocchi from scratch could sound intimidating, but this easy gnocchi recipe is simply spectacular. The gnocchi only requires 7 ingredients and takes just about 4 minutes to cook. Plus, this homemade pasta recipe for Sweet Potato Gnocchi is way healthier and much prettier than your standard white potato gnocchi.
8. Traditional Beef Brisket - Cook a hearty family dinner by making this wonderful brisket recipe.
9. Sweet Potato Pot Pies - This is not your traditional pot pie recipe. These cozy Sweet Potato Pot Pies are filled with little chunks of Italian sausage and sweet potatoes that are swimming in a cheddar cheese sauce.
10. Sweet Potato Enchiladas - Give your enchiladas some added nutrition by incorporating sweet potatoes into them.
11. Hearty Sweet Potato Chili - Made with quinoa, this sweet potato chili is the perfect meal for vegetarians.
12. All Day Chicken Stew - On a busy day, let the slow cooker do all the work for you.
13. Roast Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Olives - This dish has a unique and savory flavor that the whole family will love.
14. Sweet Potato Turkey Sandwich - A great way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers!
Looking to have a healthier holiday season? Check out our free eCookbook, How to Have a Better Thanksgiving: 13 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes.
Sweet Potatoes aren't just for casseroles and main dinner courses; they can also be made into fabulous fall-themed desserts.
1. Sweet Potato Brownies (shown below) - This is the dessert recipe you need when you're craving sweets but stressing about holiday weight gain.
2. Sweet Potato Spice Cookies - This is a healthy cookie recipe that will be impossible to turn down.
3. Lighter Sweet Potato Pie - Having trouble deciding what pie to indulge in on Thanksgiving? Sweet potato pies have the least amount of calories, and this recipe is even healthier!
4. Sweet Potato Muffins with Walnut Streusel - The streusel topping is literally to-die-for.
5. Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Fries (shown below) - The best way to eat vegetables for dessert? When they are coated in cinnamon sugar and topped with a lip-smacking cream cheese frosting.
6. Marshmallow Sweet Potato Cupcakes - This healthy dessert recipe truly is Thanksgiving in a cupcake.
Had enough sweet potato? How about pumpkin? Here are 11 Fresh Pumpkin Recipes for you to enjoy!
Read NextPaleo Pecan Pie Bars
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Paleo Pecan Pie Bars
- 14 Fantastic Thanksgiving Soup and Salad Recipes
- Skinny Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
- The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- 10 Minute Cranberry Sauce
- Quick Bake Cornbread Dressing
- Low Sodium Brined Turkey
- Sweet Potato Maple Casserole
- How to Have a Better Thanksgiving Dinner: 13 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes Free eCookbook
- Orange Marmalade Glazed Roast Turkey
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Greek Salad With Shrimp
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- French Style Roasted Leek And Potato Soup
- Healthy Applesauce Muffins
- Easy Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
- Kale And Quinoa Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- Dandelion Infused Vinegar
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Slices
- Arugula Salad
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins With Streusel Topping
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook